Page 1 of 2
i need to write an essay on:

How the north won the civil war (key battles, strategies, decisions etc.).
please help me

and please dont be dicks and give me bull**** information.
appreciate it.

and the essay does not need to be that long so i jus need the main ****.
Last edited by JT747 at Feb 22, 2009,
The north had tanks and the south had boats. Boats don't work that well on land so the north blew the south to pieces.
Sail upon the open skies
The North had both atomic powered supermen and Dr. Manhattan on their side. The South had a bunch of hillbillies.
Ironic, I'm watching Gettysburg right now, one of the few movies I like.

The south had bear cavalry, but the north had penguin army, so the south was pretty much ****ed. There's your A+.
the south won...
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

ok you guys are ****ing morons

your answers aren even funny
jus stop

does any1 have more useful info??
Half of this stuff is actually based in something that's right, TS, grow a sense of humor.

North: Industrialization == more production.
South: Relied on cotton to get international help, but Egyptian cotton gave England a new source for it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The North had predecessors of what now call "shredders".They then proceeded to shred the faces off of the Souths soldiers.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
yeah it may be right but im not gonna talk abour penguins and superman and ****.
im trying to be serious its not joke time
the north had better railroads, and they cut off the south supplies. also, most of the battles were fought in the south, so they were constantly losing ground. sorry, i don't know specifics
North was industrialized, south was mostly a bunch of farmers and was blockaded, however the guys from the south were more used to the outdoors, whereas the northfags were city boys, so it was kind of balanced. Although I guess that's not really strategy. I'm guessing each general had their own strategies they'd use, I don't think each side really stuck with one thing. It all depends on the person, the weather, the fighting ground, the amount of troops, etc. Just wiki it.

EDIT: I'm not a redneck, but the South should have won.
The South had no chance of winning. None. Even if you buy into that "Lost Cause" crap, the South couldn't afford the war of attrition the north could maintain.

Why don't you just use Wiki? I'm sure each major battle has its own entry.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by JT747
yeah it may be right but im not gonna talk abour penguins and superman and ****.
im trying to be serious its not joke time

You know where you are? You're in the Pit, baby.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

The North also had more people. It was more industrialized and had better access to resources.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by SteveHouse
You know where you are? You're in the Pit, baby.

I can't help but read that in Axl's voice.
thank you chic.. and frottage. that was pretty informative

any1 further info from other people?
The north had nukes, the south had fried chicken.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
sherman's march through georgia. burned everything.

and general google used ironclad keyboards to write essays for people too lazy to write their own.

Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Part can be based on the south fighting a defensive war. No major attacks made by the confederacy north of the Mason-Dixon line. The union also employed some questionable tactics, like General Sherman burning Atlanta. Were it not for the slavery issue, the union might be regarded more as war criminals than heros.

I wouldn't put that in the essay.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by frottage

EDIT: I'm not a redneck, but the South should have won.

THE SOUTH DID WIN GODDAMMIT!
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Quote by millerdrr
Part can be based on the south fighting a defensive war. No major attacks made by the confederacy north of the Mason-Dixon line. The union also employed some questionable tactics, like General Sherman burning Atlanta. Were it not for the slavery issue, the union might be regarded more as war criminals than heros.

The Confederacy did too make attacks in the North. Those attacks just didn't really amount to anything decisive for them.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by chrispfried
THE SOUTH DID WIN GODDAMMIT!

Ever heard "South Won't Rise" by Anal C*nt? Pretty good song, as are all their other ones.
The North had good ol' Honest Abe...and that was all they needed.

"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by millerdrr

what about the battle of bull run? gettysburg? the south fought those on northern soil. and neither side was that kind to the other.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by millerdrr

Not sure where the Mason-Dixon line is, but wouldn't Gettysburg be above that? Although I'm pretty sure that was the only major battle that far up north.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
The North had good ol' Honest Abe...and that was all they needed.

This man could rape Abe any day.

Seriously though TS, you should buy/rent/torrent the movie Gettysburg, it's really great. I don't really like Gods and Generals, but I love Gettysburg. I went there on vacation two summers ago, it was ****ing hot but it was pretty cool.
Quote by frottage

Ever heard "South Won't Rise" by Anal C*nt? Pretty good song, as are all their other ones.

no but i remember an episode of Family Guy wen they went down south and the south said they won the war and Peter tried to tell them no and the south went after him
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Stop hairsplitting. Yes, a few battles were fought up north. Yes, both sides suffered heavy losses. Yes, as in every war, atrocities were committed by both sides.

What I meant was practically every area of the south saw war and many cities were completely demolished. Not so with the north. I kinda expected that to be taken offensively, but hey, that's how it was.

The Mason-Dixon line is the state border between Pennsylvania and Maryland, and those guys are right, Gettysburg is north of that. Pretty sure Bull Run was in Manasass Virginia though, might be wrong on that.

Railroads throughout the north was a major aid.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

Quote by chrispfried
no but i remember an episode of Family Guy wen they went down south and the south said they won the war and Peter tried to tell them no and the south went after him

Lol yeah I saw that one awhile ago.

Reminds me of THEY TOOK ER JERBS
Quote by millerdrr

What I meant was practically every area of the south saw war and many cities were completely demolished. Not so with the north. I kinda expected that to be taken offensively, but hey, that's how it was....

Railroads throughout the north was a major aid.

Good stuff, this. Thanks for clarifying.

TS, examples of these would make a great start on your paper. Now go write.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

The North was already a country so it had important infrastructure like transportation (railroads) and a military. The South tried to get foreign support, but just ended up getting screwed by France and Britain. However the South had an easier objective, they just had to defend themselves, the North had to defend and invade.
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
the north was fighting downhill, so they always had the higher ground. anyone can win if they have the higher ground. the south was heading north, and thats uphill. they didnt even have warthogs or grappling hooks to help them get up. and thats exactly how it happened.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by MartiniKiss7
The North was already a country so it had important infrastructure like transportation (railroads) and a military. The South tried to get foreign support, but just ended up getting screwed by France and Britain. However the South had an easier objective, they just had to defend themselves, the North had to defend and invade.

Yeah. If they had won Gettysburg, they probably would've won, since France and Britain were going to help them if they won.
The Civil war was fought over the south receeding from the north, it had nothing to do with slaves, the only reason slavery was outlawed afterwords is because it was a convenient time to for the abolitionists. The thirteenth ammendment was passed to eliminate the south's enslaved workforce but the north could not enforce it. The South originally seceeded because they disliked Lincoln and he was elected. They did not want him to be president because he was an abolitionist (meaning for the illegalization of Slavery) and they wanted to keep their slaves.
The South formed their own government, army, and constitution (ask someone else who the confederate president is). His name is ______ Davis, or something similar.
Quote by MartiniKiss7
However the South had an easier objective, they just had to defend themselves, the North had to defend and invade.

This is the alternate viewpoint to what I posted earlier.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95

Quote by Basti95

Page 1 of 2