ok so... i'm not sure exactly how to get this tone for this part of the song "science" by system of a down. i don't know if it's just me but when i play it it sounds off. not what i'm playing, but the tone it's being played at. any help. here's the part of the song that i'm talking about. any advice is appreciated.

http://tinyurl.com/bfvq63

---listen to that and see if you can help me with the tone.

EDIT: that isn't me playing by the way lol.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Quote by AngryIraqi
Riffs and Recordings forum

my bad lol.
Fail.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
to be totally honest i did post here because there's like 11 people on the R&R forums right now lol... compared to the pit's 1000 visitors. so can anyone help or no?
Quote by alexpalka23
to be totally honest i did post here because there's like 11 people on the R&R forums right now lol... compared to the pit's 1000 visitors. so can anyone help or no?

somebody please take this into consideration before you post "omfg! like, wrong forum! repo'd!"
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
somebody please take this into consideration before you post "omfg! like, wrong forum! repo'd!"

thanks bro. at least someone kind of took it from my position haha. i hate it when moody kids report posts for dumb reasons. any ideas on my dilemma, pit?
Quote by alexpalka23
thanks bro. at least someone kind of took it from my position haha. i hate it when moody kids report posts for dumb reasons. any ideas on my dilemma, pit?

Doesn't matter, mods would disagree with that in a half a second, without rules the pit would be a giant city, and all other forums would be barren, rules are there for a reason.
Quote by alexpalka23

yeah, its usually the mod's ass-kissers who do it. its easy to say "wrong forum, repo'd" if you post a tab related topic in The Pit, but sometimes you want an answer sooner rather than later, and when there's only 6 viewing in the "correct" forum, posting in The Pit usually gives you a greater chance of getting the help youre looking for.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by alexpalka23

*reported*

Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah, its usually the mod's ass-kissers who do it. its easy to say "wrong forum, repo'd" if you post a tab related topic in The Pit, but sometimes you want an answer sooner rather than later, and when there's only 6 viewing in the "correct" forum, posting in The Pit usually gives you a greater chance of getting the help youre looking for.

No, you'll have a greater chance of people telling you to rub Icy Hot on it and be general dicks and not answer your question. I'd know, I do it all the time.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by Comrade Curry
Doesn't matter, mods would disagree with that in a half a second, without rules the pit would be a giant city, and all other forums would be barren, rules are there for a reason.

i think he was reverting to his delima of tone.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Comrade Curry

ok so anyone other than this guy^^^... please give some input on THE SONG. as i recall Comrade Curry, there is also a "stay on topic" rule as well, which you just broke by not posting about the song i asked about. ahh ahh ahh, follow the rules!
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i think he was reverting to his delima of tone.

and yes, i was. the pit is for posting EVERYTHING. not just random pointless things about mudkip/ spider battles/ what you do at work. EVERYTHING is allowed to be covered here.
Quote by alexpalka23
and yes, i was. the pit is for posting EVERYTHING. not just random pointless things about mudkip/ spider battles/ what you do at work. EVERYTHING is allowed to be covered here.

The Pit (758 Viewing)
The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever.

lrn2read
You're*
Quote by alexpalka23

hell yeah. anybody posting about battling a spider should be reported just for being a b*tch about spiders in the first place.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by RPGoof
Clean sound and palm muting for the first part, the rest might have a chorus effect on it.

finally one person actually responds to the damned topic the way i intended lol. thank you =) anywayyyy, any one else have any input on this?
Quote by Survivalism
The Pit (758 Viewing)
The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever.

lrn2read

yeah, but the 9 people on the R&R forum aren't covering anything. i had one reply. this isn't being covered there, and there's no other forum for me to post this on, so i came here. shut up Survivalism, you moody teenager.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
hell yeah. anybody posting about battling a spider should be reported just for being a b*tch about spiders in the first place.

lol, damn right. that guy is a little girl. he needs to sack up and just smash the little f***er.
Quote by alexpalka23
yeah, but the 9 people on the R&R forum aren't covering anything. i had one reply. this isn't being covered there, and there's no other forum for me to post this on, so i came here. shut up Survivalism, you moody teenager.

hes just another 08'er whos trying to fit in by being a d*ck. just ignore him. i mean, read his headline above his avatar. what do you expect from him?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
hes just another 08'er whos trying to fit in by being a d*ck. just ignore him. i mean, read his headline above his avatar. what do you expect from him?

lol, i didn't even notice his headline. it speaks the truth though, that's for sure. i hate people who do nothing but come on these forums, which are intended for help to fellow guitarists, and do nothing but cause more problems for the OP. ignorant people like that annoy me.