I'm thinking about it, I can't get a decent tone out of my Metal Muff, it's too damn overdriven. and I've played a metal zone, and the sound was amazing, maybe I'm doing something wrong, Help?
Er, if you like it, then whatever.
I personally don't like either that much.
Maybe something like a Sansamp GT2, or Damage Control Demonizer.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Probably a bad trade on your part, mostly because you'll be giving up that handy EQ, which the Metalzone (and most lower priced distortions) is lacking in.

Although I did trade mine for a $30 volume pedal and cheap patch chord..

It's all about what you like better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
use the edit button, don't double post.

I love the J&H, but it is not best suited for heavier tones.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
oh sorry, well thanks, I may just **** around with the eq on the muff, maybe i can get a good growl out of it
what's your amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what's your amp?

Quoted for emphasis.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
both are awful metal pedals. most pedals with metal on them are crap. the metal zone is the worst of them all.

id go sansamp gt2, or a good old fashioned distortion, like a mxr dist+, or a radial tonebone. the metal pedals just give you loads of unuseable gain and hissing
Depends on what kind of tone you want, since most distortion pedals tend to give different tones, no matter how much you EQ them. And the MetalZone EQ won't be simpler than the MetalMuff's.
For emphasis, too, What Amp Are You Using?
Quote by AcousticMetal
I'm thinking about it, I can't get a decent tone out of my Metal Muff, it's too damn overdriven. and I've played a metal zone, and the sound was amazing, maybe I'm doing something wrong, Help?

TS, tell us what your amp is please.
How is it possible to prefer a MT-2 over a metal muff? What amp are you using?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Depends on which tone you like. If you like the MT-2 go with it. I have it, although I don't use it much. It sounds different on different amps. I don't know why people say it sucks. Its whatever floats your boat when it comes to tone.
don't do it...if you don't like the Metal Muff...you're not going to like the Metal Zone. The Metal Zone is one of the worst sounding pedals out there imo...I had an old Behringer distortion pedal that sounded better. I took mine back the next day.
Are you insane? I don't know what the Metal Muff is like, but I own an MT-2 and absolutely hate it.

And yeah, you need to tell us what amp you have, and what tone you want to get.
the only 120w crate half stack i can think of right now is the flexwave
i've got one, the clean sounds beautiful but the gain sucks. It's perfect for me, but i use it only for band practices since i've got a tube combo for gigs.
1- you don't need a half stack. the combo will be just as loud and you won't have any trouble moving it around. A half stack is a pain in the @ss to move.
2- I've had so many reliability issues with my crate. The first one started to have delay in every note i played after 2 months and i couldn't use the effects anymore, they'd stay turned off all the time. I sent it back, received another one, plugged it in a cab for a gig and the same problem occured at the first time. I just received my 3rd one and i'll keep it because i'm tired of all the trouble but this one has no volume in the hi-gain channel and the effects work half the time.

treat yourself, don't get it if you need high gain tones.
it's not a flexwave, i know it's not. pm me, I have a pic, and I don't want to completely change the topic of this thread/
Quote by AcousticMetal
okay... just to prepare (Flameshields up)
I have a piece of **** Fender FM212 DSP,
But within the next few days I'm getting some 120 watt crate half-stack.
Not sure about the model,

and a sound like when the distortion kicks in in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDhaegA7UJ0

Well the guy in that video uses a Pod X3. So yeah, there ya go
Quote by AcousticMetal
it's not a flexwave, i know it's not. pm me, I have a pic, and I don't want to completely change the topic of this thread/

it's not changing the topic of the thread.

it's the only part that matters in this thread.

1. why are you getting a pedal to drive this new amp?
i suggest you get an amp that plays the way you want from the start.

2. how can anyone suggest a pedal, not knowing what it's being played thru.

anyone who gives you an answer without know what amp, is giving you a best guess.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by AcousticMetal

ok look. if you want distortion for metal, look at the amp first. buy the damn amp first. listen to how it sounds. then you decide whether you need a metal muff or a metal zone

in conclusion: my suggestion is keep that metal muff. dont do anything first! get your amp before you buy, trade, buy new pedals or sell it away. as has already been said ^^^^
Last edited by daryle_goh at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by yoyodunno
The distortion in that youtube vid is not too good.

i agree, but from liking the metal zone and this video, im assuming the guy likes EXTREMELY CRUNCHY distortion. so i think he needs to try out a few more amps, and realize that distortion pedals are nothing but an ATTEMPT to get CLOSE to sounding like a good amp's distortion. i think the best thing for this thread would be to become a which amp thread. budget?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.