I just recently discovered this band through a friend. I think they are really awesome. But im not sure what to think of them still. Any opinions on them? Their rhythm is odd in my opinion but still cool.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
The real point of Meshuggah is odd time signatures. Its the music of the music gods.
They're pretty awesome but there's already a huge thread for them in the metal forum. Where they belong.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
They're pretty awesome but there's already a huge thread for them in the metal forum. Where they belong.

I have a feeling that you and I are going to get along fine.
Quote by BeastTheBand
I just recently discovered this band through a friend. I think they are really awesome. But im not sure what to think of them still. Any opinions on them? Their rhythm is odd in my opinion but still cool.

what? if you think they are awesome why do you need someone else's approval...
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Doesn't belong in the hardcore forum, but I'll post my opinion anyway

I was hearing them a lot on this site being the most moving technical band ever. When I was listening to them, I was not impressed at all. I find odd rhythms completely useless if you don't apply them to some sort of melody, and Meshuggah is not capable of doing this (from what I've heard). I have only been able to get through one of their songs all the way and that was just because they had a video on comcast one time that was pretty creative.

All in my opinion, of course.
I've said it a few times now, and I'll mention it again.
Meshuggah are very much a band that if you don't "get them", you won't like them. The entire idea of Meshuggah is the off beat, ugly, chugging rhythms. It grinds, it seethes, it just flows over you with robotic waves of chaotic form. It's not melodic, it's not pretty, it's harsh and it makes your head hurt.
That's what Meshuggah is about.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with not liking them. But a lot of the time, people don't understand what Meshuggah is about and that's why they don't like it. It's not really an aspect of their sound, it IS their sound.
Quote by Magero
I've said it a few times now, and I'll mention it again.
Meshuggah are very much a band that if you don't "get them", you won't like them. The entire idea of Meshuggah is the off beat, ugly, chugging rhythms. It grinds, it seethes, it just flows over you with robotic waves of chaotic form. It's not melodic, it's not pretty, it's harsh and it makes your head hurt.
That's what Meshuggah is about.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with not liking them. But a lot of the time, people don't understand what Meshuggah is about and that's why they don't like it. It's not really an aspect of their sound, it IS their sound.

I haven't really looked in to anything about them, but thanks for enlightening me

Like I've said in past threads, melody is one of the most important aspects in music for me, so it makes a lot of sense as to why I don't like them.
CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG GUITAR SOLO HARSH VOCALS CHUG MOAR= meshuggha
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Quote by Magero
The entire idea of Meshuggah is the off beat, ugly, chugging rhythms. It grinds, it seethes, it just flows over you with robotic waves of chaotic form. It's not melodic, it's not pretty, it's harsh and it makes your head hurt.

This made me think of that interview that was conducted when Mesh was touring with The Dillinger Escape Plan...Mesh's singer told Ben Weinman "Your band is f*cking insane."

Good times
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
^Everyone talks about how great their drummer is, and I agree, but imagine playing that riff for over seven minutes on guitar. I think a lot of people consider a guitarist good when they can play fast leads and just overlook right-hand rhythms, which Meshuggah's guitarists excel at.

Quote by Magero
I have a feeling that you and I are going to get along fine.

My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
^Everyone talks about how great their drummer is, and I agree, but imagine playing that riff for over seven minutes on guitar. I think a lot of people consider a guitarist good when they can play fast leads and just overlook right-hand rhythms, which Meshuggah's guitarists excel at.

Oh, definitely. That would KILL the right hand, but I imagine it would be much more taxing on the legs haha
Metal forum dudeman.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)