New Amp Decision! Haha, got ya. But uhh, all lame jokes aside, there is a serious point to this thread. I'm not good at organizing these threads, so information is going to be kind of random, but i'll make a tl;dr.

At first I wanted the Blackheart Little Giant mini stack, but I realized I couldn't get a good sound at bedroom levels without pedals. I then stumbled across the Blackstar HT-5 mini stack. I thought it was the perfect amp, with an FX loop, 2 channels so I could get good sounds at low levels, and the ISF knob.

Now I come across a $70 dollar attenuator. I was thinking, maybe I could get a more natural sounding OD out of the blackheart with it.

So now, I'm stuck between these two amps. I need some opinions from some of you lovely people

I play mainly AC/DC, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Every Time I Die, Guns N' Roses. (The warmer soloing tone) I can play pretty heavy stuff at times.

TL;DR
-Blackheart Little Giant 5 Watt Stack/Combo with an attenuator OR Blackstar HT-5 5W Stack/Combo.
-Needs to handle anything from AC/DC to Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica.
-Bedroom use.
-Name any OD/Distortion pedals I could use with a certain amp (please specify which one) to achieve my desired sound.

This thread is a mess. Just ask questions about what I failed to cover, or why I chose certain stuff and what not.
NAD means New Amp Day, you evidently aren't getting a New Amp toDay, so this thread is stupid and i'm not going to recommend anything.

I am thoroughly disappointed TS, thoroughly disappointed.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
If it's bedroom only, try a killer ant.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I'm actually stuck between deciding on getting either one of these amp too. Though I haven't gotten a chance to play either one I think I'm getting the Blackstar because it has a lot more things than the Blackheart (2 footswitchable channels, ISF, etc). The Blackstar also better suits the music you play, from what I've heard and seen the Little Giant can't do Metallica and A7X stuff without pedals. The HT-5 will end up being cheaper as you won't need to buy an attenuator or OD pedal.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Neither of them will get Metallica or Avenged Sevenfold tones, even with an OD pedal. You'd be pushing your luck with a distortion pedal, IMO.

Get something like a Line 6 Flextone if you want that much versatility, it'll sound better and won't require any pedals except the FB-4 footswitch. Plus it sounds great at bedroom levels.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Neither of them will get Metallica or Avenged Sevenfold tones, even with an OD pedal. You'd be pushing your luck with a distortion pedal, IMO.

Get something like a Line 6 Flextone if you want that much versatility, it'll sound better and won't require any pedals except the FB-4 footswitch. Plus it sounds great at bedroom levels.

oh yeah...forgot about the hardcore thing.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by xwearesinking
NAD means New Amp Day, you evidently aren't getting a New Amp toDay, so this thread is stupid and i'm not going to recommend anything.

I am thoroughly disappointed TS, thoroughly disappointed.

Please read the first line or two.
Quote by Raijouta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DWIAYPuEs

'nuff said.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
little giant mini stack? oxymoron much?
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
Quote by metalminded07
little giant mini stack? oxymoron much?

little size giant tone...
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build