i have a kahler tremolo on my late '80s peavey impact. i believe it's the equivalent of the current 7300 series, although i'm not sure of the exact model number.

i put a new set of DR tite-fit strings on last night. the guage is 9-42 i think, which is the exact same gauge as the d'addario strings i replaced. however, i'm getting fret buzz on the e, a, and d strings, and slightly on the g string.

any ideas on what adjustments i need to do to eliminate the buzz? i'm using the exact same gauge, so could it possibly just be faulty strings i put on?

any help would be appreciated.

tl;dr - kahler tremolo, fret buzz, identical strings, etc
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Try raising the action just a touch. Or is it like serious fret buzz?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
it's not very serious, but it is noticeable. would i go about fixing it by adjusting the truss rod slightly? or by altering parts of the bridge?
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Only adjust the truss rod if the neck inst strait. I'd start by raising the action a little,

I have no experience with kahler tremelos though, unless an FR counts, but its the on ly thing i can think of...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
okay, i'll give it a try. i can raise the saddles slightly, but it already seems slightly higher than it was before the string change.
i just don't really see how it would have changed. i didn't change anything when i put the strings on, and they are the same gauge.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Check and see if the neck is still strait, it might have gotten a little warped during the string change.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦