What skill level would you guys say this version of canon is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Sh9cKEDH0

I've been trying to learn it for my school's variety show, but im getting a little frustrated. It starts out easy, but gets hard once the song gets started. I can play through it slowly, but some of the fingerings throw me off and cause short pauses.

Heres the powertab/sheet music... (I've been sight reading for 2 years, so I know what the note values equal)

http://jaw.iinet.net.au/stuff/JAW-Canon_in_D.pdf

Do you guys know of any other versions? I'd like to look around that way if I can't get it down in time I could mix and match parts.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Well, for starters, there is no "skill level" in music; this isn't Call of Duty.

Second of all, we cannot answer your question without two very important pieces of information:
1. When's the show?
2. How long have you been playing
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I've been playing for 2 1/2 years with an instructor. Most of it's been reading music though. Tabs I taught myself. The show is in mid april. Try-outs are in March, but you only need about a minute of what youre gonna play. I already have most of the first page, so I could easily make it in. Either way, even if you guys dont think I could get it memorized by then, I'd still like to learn it because I love the sound of the song.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Last edited by justnmcknz at Feb 22, 2009,
This is definitely a piece worth learning. Simply put, it's just variations on D A Bm F#m G D G A.

I learned it mostly by playing it over and over on CD until I had it memorized how it's supposed to sound, and playing it with sheet music every chance I could get, a bunch of years back.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Last edited by leondb at Feb 24, 2009,
I noticed the chord progression, but do you think I should go note by net on the sheet music I linked? Or should I just get the basic chords and improv a solo over top of it?
Recommended threads
Sorry
TheDeadWillRise
Last post:
by DigUpHerBones
Shine
lambofgodfold
Last post:
by lambofgodfold
Tunings?
NovemberRain273
Last post: