First off, there is no way that at this point in time I can afford either. But I find it easier to save with a specific item in mind. So I've gotten it down to the following
-JCM 800 2204
-Rockverb 50W

I play a mostly punk, a little pop punk, some indie/alternative. I love the tone on both amps. I need something with a lot of bite when overdriven, but very smooth cleans, even at higher volumes. I'm really torn, though I've been slightly leaning towards the marshall because its what most of my favorite bands use, and the JCM seems alot more simple. I like simple. I also want something I can run with very little pedals to get good tone out of. Oh, and I'm not sure how aplicable this is, but if one of these is tougher (better at withstanding abuse), that'd be good to know. I dont want a fragile amp.

Thanks
-Chris

EDIT: I just realized where I posted this...I thought I was in GG&A...How do I move the thread?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Feb 22, 2009,
I think you can just delete the thread and then repost it in GG&A.

You'll probably get better answers there.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I have an orange rockerverb 100 and ive play both it depends the jcm is more of a strict classic rock kinda sound really bluesy! The rockerveb is awsome though nice bright clean sound nice bell like ring the dist. channel really is whats shoks me though you can go from a clean dist. sound such as les paul to a nu metal sound like slipknot ( Jim Root Of Slipknot Used A Orange Rockerverb). So It really depends on what you like I like playing orange because I think marshall and gibson are overrated nothing wrong with that but as I said it depends on what you play. The Marshall is cheepers by far but the orange is more versitle and well its orange! The one other point I should make though is the orange is not easy to use insted of being labled gain, bass, etc. the orange uses pictograms which gets a little time to get use to. But my reccomendation for sure goes to the orange!
Splawn.

I say that strictly from word of mouth though
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Splawn.

I say that strictly from word of mouth though

What does that even mean?

Quote by bogg808

I'd go with the JCM. I only say this cuz a band that my band plays with often has 2 guitarists, both of which use the JCM 800. They gig a good deal, so they're durable, and they get some righteous tone.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Moved this thread...if someone could close this one it'd be awesome

Thanks to all who responded!

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Moved this thread...if someone could close this one it'd be awesome

Thanks to all who responded!

You can delete it. Just got up to edit post on your OP, and click the bubble for "Physically remove message". then click delete this message.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Feb 22, 2009,
punk= Really doesn't matter, both get enough distortion as it is.
pop-punk= ABSOLUTELY JCM
indie/alt= orange.

Theres your answer.