hey i have been playing bass for a few months and i need a new amp...nothing to over the top just for practices and small shows..any ideas?
My advice which im going to make short and sweet is get what ever amp you like for the style you play but dont get a cheap amp get a good tube driven amp! if nto tube solidstate works great to!
ampeg BA115

it's great.. my bassist has it..

EDIT: and to the person above me, it's a bass amp, not guitar. Therefore the whole tube thing isn't in effect. Solid State bass amps are totally fine because they give nice clean bassy signals.. you don't want overdrive on a bass amp.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Last edited by FightinIrishPJ at Feb 22, 2009,
thanks for the advice i play mostly ska or funk or reggae or metal..so idk what kinda amp that goes with
Hey now. I play a tube bass amp. The give much warmer tones as well as nice overdrive. But I will say that SS is more popular in bass because it fits more ppls styles. hmmm. I know peavey will do the metal well and depending on which one might do the others ok but that's only if metal will be the primary style needed from the amp.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Check out a Peavey TNT 115. I own one and its a seriously nice amp.

Here's the TNT 115. http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-TNT-115-1x15-200W-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=48138

Only bad thing about it is its seriously heavy. The specs say like 85 lb. or something, but i swear it ways like 30 more pounds then that
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Well, if you're buying new, avoid Behringer, Ampeg, and Marshall. Behringer stuff is low quality and mis-advertised, Ampeg stuff is way overpriced and has quality control issues, and Marshall stuff is way overpriced and sounds bad.

Do you have any sort of budget?
Nope, no sig here.