K, so i got my new ibanez RG5EX1 with Ibanez INF pickus in a H/S/H layout. I plugged it into My Peavy Basic 40, and I was suprised By how hot the sound was. Its hotter than a tele. Like really punchy and springy, its crazy. i expected a heavier duller tone what with it bein a shred guitar.

The problem is, its a little too hot for my liking. I play mostly blues and psychedelic rock. So is there anything i can do to turn down the heat on this thing?
PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
Lowering the pups might help with that. They can get really, really honky if you set 'em up high. You could try using a hefty pick with a round end, to soften your attack.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Maybe turn the treble down your amp a little, Im not sure...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Could the fact that im usin a bass amp make any difference
PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
things to try:

1) use the neck and middle pickup more than the bridge
2) pull up the bass and mids on the amp, and back off the treble just a little bit. nothing too drastic
3) back off on the tone on the guitar just a little bit.
4) a combination of the above 3

im assuming you bought this guitar off of a website? in the future, i recommend playing a guitar before buying it. i learned this the hard way as well.
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.