So, last year in July, I got offered some unknown head and speaker for $100.

Guy said it was Traynor, so I jumped at it.

Anyways, I can't really have it in my room since it's big, and kinda bought it on a whim. For $100, heck, sounded okay. I went and tried it. Cleans were not bad; the guy said he used it as a vocals PA or something. The head is a YVM-3, I THINK.

So yeah, there it is. Kinda of beat up on the front (cat got to it) and it reeks of stale cigarettes.

If someone can help me identify it or tell me anything about it, how much it's worth, etc. I also have no clue when it was made. Looks to be quite old. I think there may be Marsland speakers in it. Again, not sure, bought it on a whim.
Sweet!

I don't know anything about it either, but the cabinet could double as a table of some kind
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, it just looks like a PA/Vocal amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
well, i'm sure you can find a decent use for it.
Is there any way how you could run it as a power amp?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Traynor!!! Can't go wrong with them. Reminds me of the old school Kustom Tuck and Roll amps. Probably the same type of amps, John Fogtrey played them back in the day.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I'm sure I could find use for it, yeah.

I'll look into it... would it work if I somehow hooked up my YCV50 Blue to the speaker? I dunno if it would do anything or not...

Eh. Some guys I know are interested in buying it for their mic set up. I"ll have to see.
Well, what's the size of the speakers in the cab?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well, what's the size of the speakers in the cab?

I don't even know - to me, they look like 8" ones. There are four of them. I don't really know how to find out - maybe I will rip off the grill. Would that devalue it any?

EDIT: Assuming that it is a YSC-3, then yeah, 8". Apparently Marsland speakers.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 23, 2009,
Nah, you would just open up the back.
I wouldn't rip off the grill though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Alright, I won't.

Is there a way to find out exactly when it was made? I looked all over it, but no indication. I see a rough time frame, but I'd like to know exactly. I suppose opening it up would yield an answer...
Look for codes on the speakers.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Okay.

I've just realized it might not be a YSC-3.

Might be a YSC-7 or something. The logo isn't in the right place for it to be a YSC-3.
Alright, I'll just bump this, I apologize for double posting...

But I figured maybe more UGers could have a look. I posted it at like 1am last night, so maybe there's more people on who could have a look. Just tell me what you think, what it might be worth, if anything.
Looks like a Bass or PA setup
^ Yeah it definitely is a PA System, that's what it said under the Discontinued section at Yorkville's site. I just couldn't find out if it was a YSC-7 or what... I guess I should open up the back like darkarbiter said to, to find out...
^ Argh, I never thought of that...

I don't really know though, since I don't play bass and I don't have a band...

Eh, is there anyone who is really familiar with Traynor here on UG? I guess I could just e-mail Yorkville Sound...

I'll post on the Traynor Syndicate comment board quick.
What about playin music through it? That would sound great i should think as long as the speaker cones arnt damaged and the amp still functions correcly without disorting. Isnt there a code or metal label that says the model number or a code on it at all. And like someone above sed cant you use it as a power amp (the head) to pwer some newer speakeers? This would be a good use as it is a great make and should still sound great as long as it hasnt been mistreated.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
^ I'll take it into consideration; I just can't right now because I cannot bring it up to my room as it's way too big and stinks. When it gets warmer out, I will bring all my gear to the garage and jam there, and see what can be done with it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Probably not gonna get much a response. The comments there are generally just me exclaiming how many members we have.

You could use it as a PA for when you DO get a band going.

"We're almost at 50 members!"

Yeah I guess I could try that... are Marsland speakers any good? I haven't heard much about them at all...
Quote by forsaknazrael
A quick Google search revealed that they're solid hi-fi speakers.

IS THAT GOOD?

Where'd you find this exactly?

I searched it, but again I don't know the exact model of speaker.

What would you pay for it, hypothetically? The guy who I bought from said he was giving it to me quite cheap, so...
Quote by forsaknazrael
All I can tell you is that it's definitely built like a tank. The guy who started Traynor used to throw his **** off the top of his building and see if it still worked afterwords.

I remember reading that. If he could just replace the tubes, and plug it in and it worked, it was good enough. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
There's a store nearby that has a 9x 8' traynor cab, it is awesome.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
So, the consensus on this thing?

Is it good or a piece of garbage.

Ah, no point; don't answer that quite yet. I'll try my best to uncover the model and serial number either tomorrow or sometime this week.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
IS THAT GOOD?

Where'd you find this exactly?

I searched it, but again I don't know the exact model of speaker.

What would you pay for it, hypothetically? The guy who I bought from said he was giving it to me quite cheap, so...

Yeah, I mean, I was saying they seem to be a solid brand of hi-fi speakers.

I dunno, I wouldn't pay much, just because I don't have a need for it. You could probably flip it for 200.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, I mean, I was saying they seem to be a solid brand of hi-fi speakers.

I dunno, I wouldn't pay much, just because I don't have a need for it. You could probably flip it for 200.

Yeah, I figured 200 was a fair price. 100 was a steal. I checked on like, Craig's List and I saw a head and 2 speakers going for $450, so 200 isn't bad.

Plus that would cover the cost of the set of Rock Monkey pick ups I am probably getting.

UGHHHHHH. I hate having little to no money.