Very new to UG besides the guitar tabs and i decided to post this problem. My old strat and orginal les paul were hitting the sack and i was out of cash so i went and bought a les paul studio last week, alpine white with gold hardware. i thought it was pretty sweet I used the neck pickup for a bit and turned off my bridge pickup to get a kill switch effect. I know that when i set my switch to the middle position and i turn off one pickup it kills the other one however when i set it to the treble and turned the neck pickup it didnt work at all. After close examination i discovered that when i set the pickup switch to the middle or treble section they were exactly the same. the treble and middle position are indistinguishable in every single way. It feels like the only thing i can do is switch from neck to both. Anybody having similar problems or can help me out with this thank you.
go to treble and turn neck volume all the way down and see if you notice any difference.

either its screwed up, or your a dumass with volume knobs. I should hope its the latter(not to be mean, but it'd be better if your guitar wasnt fugly).
Are you saying it doesn't work at all in the Rhythm position? Your post is unclear. And WTF does "hitting the sack" mean? If they were worn out it should cost way less than the price of a LP studio to get them refretted.
Quote by Chetbango
Are you saying it doesn't work at all in the Rhythm position? Your post is unclear. And WTF does "hitting the sack" mean? If they were worn out it should cost way less than the price of a LP studio to get them refretted.

I believe he means that they either broke completley or some part of them went out causing him to buy a completley new guitar for who knows what reason. But I too dont understand what the issue is are you getting sound on your bridge PUP or not?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
sorry if was un clear... when i set my switch to the treble position it picks up both pickups. i know it shouldnt so somethings wrong
my treble position picks up both pickups rather than just the bridge. oh and btw the i found out the douche at nashville that made it that soldered the switch to the wires let the middle wire melt a tiny bit and a drop of metal dripped down to the treble. 30 minutes of fun with pliers and it works again now properly. wonderful isn't it!