Page 1 of 2
Right now in my band there is vocals, 2 guitarists, bass and a drummer right. The problem is 4 of us want to play black metal but the drummer says he won't play that fast.

Now most of us wouldn't mind too much changing to play just some other type of genre we feel like but 1 of the guitarists will quit if we don't play black metal.

So should we kick the drummer out and hope like hell we can find another drummer or have the guitarist quit and hope we will find another guitarist? Or just go 1 guitarist?
Depends on their skill.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Kill your drummer and take a picture of his corpse.

Use this as your debut album cover.

Black metal.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
two words

Lars Ulrich

he plays slow
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by ewp805
Kill your drummer and take a picture of his corpse.

Use this as your debut album cover.

Black metal.

fuck yeah!

and then just use a drum machine, it worked for Burzum, it can work for you.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
kill the guitarist, f*ck the drummer, and marry the bassist.

amidoinitrite?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Ledforthehead
Play black metal with a slow drummer

actually you can do this, blastbeats aren't a necessity in black metal.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
fuck yeah!

and then just use a drum machine, it worked for Burzum, it can work for you.

Varg never used a drum machine.
I agree with the others - keep the drummer. They are harder to find.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Black Metal is overrated anyway. I'm a very big fan of metal, so don't take this the wrong way, but most black metal sounds the same, the blast beats tend to drown out the guitars anyway. If you want a drummer to play blast beats, you may as well get a drum machine, if you want something with style, let your drummer play what he feels is right. Just because you want to be a black metal band, doesn't mean that you need to have blast beats to sound like every other black metal band out there.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by jetfuel495
BlackDoom? Are we inventing genres again?

Actually, I think I did listen to a band like that once...

Nah - it's a valid subgenre. Think Xasthur, Nortt, etc. God, this thread gives me deja-vu.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Brilliant!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Varg never used a drum machine.
I agree with the others - keep the drummer. They are harder to find.

some of the stuff he did in prison definitely sounds like it had a drum machine, or a keyboard/computer acting like one.

Last.fm
Quote by exiledsoul
Black Metal is overrated anyway. I'm a very big fan of metal, so don't take this the wrong way, but most black metal sounds the same, the blast beats tend to drown out the guitars anyway. If you want a drummer to play blast beats, you may as well get a drum machine, if you want something with style, let your drummer play what he feels is right. Just because you want to be a black metal band, doesn't mean that you need to have blast beats to sound like every other black metal band out there.

God, some sense. This.

This is how good music gets made.
My Stuff:
PRS SE Soapbar II
ESP LTD EC-50 (Seymour JB & '59)
Peavey Backstage Plus (1x10 35W)
Peavey Classic (2X12 100W)

Yamaha FG-750s circa 1978

Wishlist:
Fishman Rare Earth acoustic pickups
Boss RC-2 or RC-20
Not a big fan of black metal but just compromise and play thrash

Anyway dont kick the drummer out I dont know very many drummers but I know a TON of guitarists. And why would someone who wants to play exclusivley black metal guitar join a band that doesnt?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I would kick the guitarist. I have a friend who is a drummer and was caught in a similar situation. The band he was in wanted to do black metal but he wasn't into blast beats. They parted their separate ways, and the band ended up finding someone else. Needless to say, their music was bland, boring and sounded the same.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Quote by InvaderTSN
You guys should play funk instead like real men.

a funk/Black Metal hybrid would kick ass.

Last.fm
Quote by maggot9779
Guitarists are usually easier to find than drummers.

That's what I was going to say, guitarists are a dime a dozen, it's next to impossible to find a decent drummer and if you live in a small town, like I do, you'll be lucky if you ever see another drummer again.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
some of the stuff he did in prison definitely sounds like it had a drum machine, or a keyboard/computer acting like one.

That was all done with MIDI + keyboards,etc. Not really black metal though, is it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
That was all done with MIDI + keyboards,etc. Not really black metal though, is it?

technically it's sort of debated, but using a drum machine for black metal is not unprecedented.

and for the purpose of the point I was making MIDI = Drum machine

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
technically it's sort of debated, but using a drum machine for black metal is not unprecedented.

and for the purpose of the point I was making MIDI = Drum machine

I know, I know. Just being a dingus.
Limbonic Art = win BM with drum machine.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by InvaderTSN
Like a Primus and Immortal fusion or something.

I was thinking more PFunk meets Satyricon, but yeah that works, they could call it Blackula.

Last.fm
Quote by david_highland
That's what I was going to say, guitarists are a dime a dozen, it's next to impossible to find a decent drummer and if you live in a small town, like I do, you'll be lucky if you ever see another drummer again.

I live in Australia and its not a small town but its not one of the major city's either. And I don't wanna lose this drummer because I know it'll take me forever to find another one if I ever do.
So i am the "pussy bitch' guitarist. First off I do want to play Black Metal and so when the singer asked me to play this genre for their band I said I would. We were going to play hopefull Christraping Black Metal by Marduk and Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny and some cradle of filth song (not too keen on that but whatever not my choice). So at lunch today we are discussing it and the drummer bags the complete **** out of the two songs not the cradle one. I am pissed off cos they are awesome songs. Personally i think he is trying to play the stuff he wants to by saying he cant play this black metal stuff, and hes good ive seen him play quite a few times. So yeah the band is retarded cos only me and the singer can really agree on stuff everyone else aint too top on their black metal.

Oh and btw i suggested to play a bit of Metallica ( i know it aint black) for a gig cos the drummer wanted to play Bullet for my Valentine and I hate that **** but yeah they all said no to Metallica.
Quote by Dave3x
So i am the "pussy bitch' guitarist. First off I do want to play Black Metal and so when the singer asked me to play this genre for their band I said I would. We were going to play hopefull Christraping Black Metal by Marduk and Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny and some cradle of filth song (not too keen on that but whatever not my choice). So at lunch today we are discussing it and the drummer bags the complete **** out of the two songs not the cradle one. I am pissed off cos they are awesome songs. Personally i think he is trying to play the stuff he wants to by saying he cant play this black metal stuff, and hes good ive seen him play quite a few times. So yeah the band is retarded cos only me and the singer can really agree on stuff everyone else aint too top on their black metal.

Oh and btw i suggested to play a bit of Metallica ( i know it aint black) for a gig cos the drummer wanted to play Bullet for my Valentine and I hate that **** but yeah they all said no to Metallica.

Nice try its a small world but not that small
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Nice try its a small world but not that small

haha i didnt think this would happen ok well I am him. The vocalists name is MT, drummer is Riley, other guitarist is Corey, Bassist is Mani we all live in a town called Toowoomba and go to the same school. The dude who started this thread will verify that. The other guitarist is in grade 9 and we are all in yr 12.so yeah a small world or an amazing guess. But seriously my mate gave me the link to this.
Page 1 of 2