ok guys i had a Boss RV-3 reverb/delay pedal and it was a good pedal but it did not mix well at all with the distortion on my triple xxx head......so i took it back and i am now in search of a new reverb pedal...i am looking for a type of lead tone like Jason Becker on Altitudes or like an Andy Timmons type of reverb tone...if that makes sense haha...any help and opinions are greatly appreciated...thanks all in advanced!!!
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD MH-1000 String Thru w/SD's (brown ftw!)
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Analog Reverb Pedal
Line 6 Spider III combo
I hope that you didn't use the reverb in front of the amp. Reverbs go after your pre-amp for traditional sounds.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Are you sure you aren't looking for delay? The typical Timmons tone (hah, alliteration), is a specific type of delay, with some amp reverb.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
oh thats right i forgot Timmons tone has some delay to it...hmm i am really not sure now...would i have to buy a separate reverb and a separate delay pedal just to get that tone? because the tripple x has no effects at all haha...
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo
the rv3 is a great pedal, as is the rv5, must use it in the effects loop however mate. ive used them with more distortion than you can shake a dipstick at and they are fine. that goes for any reverb pedal. always in the loop.

ehx holiest grail is nice, as long as you can get a well built one

boss rv5 is also very very nice
hmm well i think im going to give this Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Analog Reverb pedal a go because i am hearing nothing but good things about it and it is just in my budget range...what do u guys think?
Gear:
Guitars
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Line 6 Spider III combo
Uhh.. you do realize that your RV-3 is a delay pedal as well, right? You can actually mix both of them (delay and reverb) with modes 4-7.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
The Tech21 Boost RVB is a pretty magnificent effect. In fact most Tech21 stuff is pretty magnificent, and it's a shame the company doesn't get more recognition, but why would they (who wants to buy an AWESOME solid state preamp for just under $700 when you can buy a really CRAPPY tube halfstack for just under $700, I don't understand the world).

Considering the price point and the lack of digital equipment, the Boost RVB is a fantastic deal.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM