Hey, so I am new on here and looking for some opinions. I am looking for a new tube combo amp, my budget is around $550. I am not looking for used as I have had a bad experience in the past. Styles I like to play range from shred like Jason Becker and Paul Gilbert to metal like Megadeth, a nice lead channel is a must. I like cleans but is not my top priority. All I play is a schecter with seymours. I have looked into amps a bit and have narrowed it down to 3, but other suggestions are welcome.

Peavey VK 112
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT 112

I am thinking these are the best in my price range, but I have heard some problems about each one. I have never had the chance to play the B-52 though, any opinions?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks
if you are interested in the VK, i would just wait and spend the extra $150 for a XXX or a JSX.
Randall RG-50TC is definitely the best of the 3 for shred to metal. VK is not a Metal amp, and the B-52 is good, but not as good as the Randall.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Thanks for the replies

Sputnik - I would love a JSX for 700 but I cant find anything in that range, and I wont need a 212 at all. 60w will be loads for my use. Do they still make a XXX combo?

theoreticmusic - So the randall handles the lead playing well? I only had limited time to test it once and then it was sold when I went to test it out again
Just to let you know man, they do make 112 combos of the XXX. A 40 watter and a 60 watter. Just google search for peavey xxx combo and then hit the shopping link at the top.
Does anyone own a B-52 AT 112?? I need to know how it holds up for metal/shred..I have also heard about reliability issues with them, is this true??
Definitely reliability issues, but they're good for metal and shred. I still think the RG is better.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.