i have a epiphone goth v, here are the specs

# Classic V-shaped mahogany body
# Mahogany neck
# Ebony fretboard with side markers and XII inlay at the 12th fret
# Dual humbuckers
# Black chrome hardware

what pickups would go good with this? i heard that the type of wood the guitar has affects the tone or something like that. well i want a nice clean metal sound, iron maiden like. it has an emg 81 in the bridge already but im going to take it out and sell it for the new pickups, as well as sell a guitar that i no longer want. i will be getting the pickups on ebay, but i also dont want to spend tooooo much $$$ on them either.
A seymour duncan? look into them..
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Quote by fastfretjazz
A seymour duncan? look into them..

what kind of seymour duncan? and is there a way to find out the type of pickups a guitar has without taking them out?
Quote by crypticslaughtr
what kind of seymour duncan? and is there a way to find out the type of pickups a guitar has without taking them out?

Yeah they should have something printed on them usually that should tell you what they are but not always. Maybe a '59/Jazz combo would suit you I believe those are the correct names for them.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Or If you're after an Iron Maiden sound, Try The Dimarzio Super Distortion DP100(bridge), or DiMarzio PAF DP-103 in the neck. That's what Dave Murray uses.
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah they should have something printed on them usually that should tell you what they are but not always. Maybe a '59/Jazz combo would suit you I believe those are the correct names for them.

thanks i will look into them.

what about dimarzio pickups? are those any good?

edit:
Quote by fastfretjazz
Or If you're after an Iron Maiden sound, Try The Dimarzio Super Distortion DP100(bridge), or DiMarzio PAF DP-103 in the neck. That's what Dave Murray uses.

thanks ill look into that as well
Last edited by crypticslaughtr at Feb 23, 2009,
Dimarzio Distortion awesome crunch, bill lawrence l500xl also sweet for the bridge position.
Guitars > Pedals > Amps > Sabbath >