So I used the search bar and couldnt find an answer to my question. If I managed to miss it then I am sorry.

But does anyone know if you can run your amp through the Toneport UX2? I would like to use the preamp from my amp rather than a digital preamp in the Gearbox software. If anyone knows if this is possible please let me know. I know I can run an output to the effects return.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
if your amp has a "line out", then you can have the entire amp running into the toneport. connect the line out to any of the line inputs on the toneport.

if you just want to use the preamp on your amp alone without the sound signal travelling through the power amp and the rest of the circuitary, then i think no.
Last edited by daryle_goh at Feb 23, 2009,
Line out from your amp into the line in of the toneport works.

If you take a line out from the amp and plug it into the intrument in, you WILL blow up the toneport.

happened to me:S
WTLTL 2011
er yes.

perhaps i should rephrase.

only connect "line out" from the amp into "line input 1 or 2" on the UX2.

DO NOT connect line out from amp into "instrument" on the toneport.
Thank you again for all the help. I definitely knew about the "Line In" rather than to the instrument in. A buddy of mine once did that to his microphone in on his computer and blew the sound card apart. So I figured it would probably do the same thing.
Quote by Pants1985
Thank you again for all the help. I definitely knew about the "Line In" rather than to the instrument in. A buddy of mine once did that to his microphone in on his computer and blew the sound card apart. So I figured it would probably do the same thing.

Your buddy and I have something in common then
WTLTL 2011
So does that mean I can't plug my amp into my toneport gx then?
Quote by Maharg
So does that mean I can't plug my amp into my toneport gx then?

thats exactly how mine blew up.
WTLTL 2011
Well, I ran from my effects send into the Line Input 1 on the back of the Toneport, but it sounded like fuzzy crap. Does anybody know what/if anything I am doing wrong?
yes. running a pedal direct into toneport is the problem.

most pedals will sound crap if you run them into the toneport. im not sure why at all. but my guess is the toneport is designed to emulate the sound of the amp, not emulate its performance.

the only pedals that sounded acceptable when run directly into my UX1 were the V847A and the WD7.