So i have about £350-450 and i would like a new amp.

I play classic rock, blues, punk and reggae manly
It will be used for band pratice and gigs,

I am also going to buy a tubescreamer as well,

So far iv been looking at the peavey classic 30 and the laney vc30.

Anyhelp would be great thanks.
Last edited by woody42 at Feb 23, 2009,
I reckon you might be onto the right path already. Im not sure about the gain levels on the laney as iv yet to try that model but you might benefit from an OD if you were to get the classic for the punky stuff.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Just an alternative I'd check out is the Kustom Wav 2x65w 2x12 combo. You would have to shop around to get to your budget price but the spec looks excellent on this one. Stylish too.

Link

Or the Kustom Defender 50 for a smaller unit is spot on your budget

Link
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I think the Classic 30 would be just what you want! =)
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
Classic 30 + OD, but it depends if you want better cleans, cos then you'd want something like a fender Hot Rod Deluxe...but classic 30 sounds right for you
Quote by halikus
I reckon you might be onto the right path already.

+1- not to say that there aren't other options, but those are the two main ones of which i'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can get Orange amps pretty cheap nowadays, and they sound perfect for what you're looking for. Check out the AD5C it's a bit below budget and might not be powerful enough for you, but it sounds awesome. A more powerful one would be theVox AD100VT though again it's slightly under budget.
Both good choices for those styles. Also, you could hunt for a used AC30, they pop up in your price range from time to time.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I'd say get the Laney VC30
Great amps!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Thanks guys

i was thinking, would a tiny terror suit me if i found a cab.

it looks like i can go up to £500.

thanks
My personal reccomendation is a Marshall DSL401. It's basically to Marshall what the Hot Rod Deluxe is to Fender; a reasonably priced 40 watt combo with all the characteristics associated with the badge on the front in abundance. Really good amp, I think it'd be perfect.