Page 1 of 2
Guys,

I'm looking for a pedal that isn't just a standard effect (Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo). I want to know if anyone has heard of or seen a pedal that when pressed creates some form of crazy sound with the guitar. I can't explain it well, but you would press it and have it on for a very short amount of time, and it just blows everyone away.

I've heard of Liquid Sunshine, but thats more of a lead boost that adds 'something special'. I want something that is simply an effect.

Seen one?

Ede
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
The Zvex fuzz factory does very absurd and fun things, so does the catalinbread teaser stallion. Other things in a more ringmod-ish vein would be the moog MuRF or the line 6 FM-4 (I think that's the name).
Yea....I would describe it better, but obviously, I haven't heard it yet.

What does come to mind is the massive effect that Michael Anthony gets in his bass solo on Van Halen's Right Here Right Now dvd. But thats a simple effect, I want something on a much larger scale.

I'll check out those pedals you guys just mentioned
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
so you are talking about something thats not even made?.......
yerp im sure ill add something amazing here some day.
hmm.

i'm not familiar with that particular effect, but, may i suggest Mid-Fi Electronics? They make some pretty awesome pedals.

Also, Death by Audio is a very good suggestion.
Quote by mcb_69
so you are talking about something thats not even made?.......

Well I'm not sure if its been made or not.
Thats why I'm asking haha

Very very very vague question I'm asking but, still, people might have ideas?
You can create some pretty crazy stuff with the Digitech Whammy pedal. Check out Tom Morello.
There's my way and the wrong way.
your description sounds like insane shredding skills. consider that as well maybe?

well some of the more 'out there' effects are: talkbox, ring modulator, zvex fuzz probe, mi audio pollyana octave, plain octavia and how to whammy without a whammy bar
Yea I have a digitech whammy. I'm looking for something that you would flick on like a flanger or phaser and it does all the work according to what its dials are at.
Quote by no_thing101
your description sounds like insane shredding skills. consider that as well maybe?

well some of the more 'out there' effects are: talkbox, ring modulator, zvex fuzz probe, mi audio pollyana octave, plain octavia and how to whammy without a whammy bar

HAHAHAHA that last suggestion must be it!!!!!
I think I should just accept that this pedal does not exist....YET.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
digitech EX7

you need to play with it but it makes some insane noises
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ZVex makes some crazy sounding pedals...the seek wah is cool. The Line 6 FM-4 has a similar effect, but also has others built in too...like synth and other filters.
What do you want it to sound like?

Ring mod?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
has no one mentioned the kaoss pad yet? matt bellamy uses one
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Quote by fender-lespaul
has no one mentioned the kaoss pad yet? matt bellamy uses one

The Kaoss pad isn't an effect, just a controller for effects.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I'm thinking about getting a few A/B switch boxes and simultaneously connect something like 4 amps to the same guitar signal, so i could play the 4 amp simultaneously. I would throw different effects before different amps, and EQ-ing one of them super low, one super high, two with high midrange, maybe i could get the fattest tone ever.

The problem is that i don't have enough amps and effects.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by Daneeka
I'm thinking about getting a few A/B switch boxes and simultaneously connect something like 4 amps to the same guitar signal, so i could play the 4 amp simultaneously. I would throw different effects before different amps, and EQ-ing one of them super low, one super high, two with high midrange, maybe i could get the fattest tone ever.

The problem is that i don't have enough amps and effects.

that would still be awesome!! Tell me if you ever get to do it!
pick up a boss supershifter, its really cool, does some interesting stuff!

EDIT: as for the "I can't explain it well, but you would press it and have it on for a very short amount of time, and it just blows everyone away.", the t-arm feature is really good for that, you set a note for it to go up to, and you can set different speeds etc...look into the song "soothsayer" by bucket head...you'll see what i mean. definatly fun.

otherwise, you can use it to set a harmony on your asskicker riff (different than a pitch shift, with the harmony you actually set the pedal to the key you're playing in and it will come up with different intervals between notes to compliment that key)
also lots of fun
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Last edited by thedekker at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by Exo M7
The Kaoss pad isn't an effect, just a controller for effects.

nope, it's a self contained effects unit. But it's very impractical outside the studio.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ive seen a guy playing a zvex. dunno what it was but he was playing tool stuff. yeah making those ****ed up noises and he was using one of the knobs to like do scratching effects and stuff.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
ring modulator maybe?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
I'm like you-- always looking for something interesting.... the Digitech Synth Wah, when combined with some serious distortion, can blow people's minds. And if you have the jingle, Red Witch's Fuzz God pedal does INSANE things at higher settings (sort of a more controllable ZVex Fuzz Factory).

As for multiple amps... I've got 2 set up with an A/B/Y box between them and various effects both before and after the switch....it's cool but a LOT of footwork to keep up, and you better make peace with the fact that you'll likely have to build your own pedalboard before you try it!
A Devi Ever pedal with a chaos switch?
404: Sig not found.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']BitMangler.
Oh aye... that'd do it!
404: Sig not found.
There was an effects pedal that I can't remember the name of. It was like a "harmonic pixellator" or something. And it was on a site with a lot of other pedals from the same, small company...

Really can't remember it, but it was posted on here a while ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Also, the Zvex Seek Wah, the Memory Man (if you tweak the knob near the bottom, I forget which one it is, it does some crazy slow-down-speed-up ****), Fuzz Factory, Devi Ever fuzz, MoogerFooger MuRf....

Thomas Erak uses some pedal live that just makes his signal go ape**** with modulation. I can't remember for the life of me what it is though...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Gig FX Chopper pedal. It's a tremolo but has a built in expression pedal so you can vary the rate of the tremolo.
Keeping it real since '92
Page 1 of 2