I'm looking for a good alround OD/Distortion pedal to go with a Harley Benton 5watt valve amp. I play a bit of everything apart from metal so I'm after a pedal that can cope with classic rock and a bit of dirty grunge etc.

Been looking at the Marshall Guv'nor 2 or Jackhammer, would these be any good or are there better pedals out there for around £100?
While I LOVE my Jackhammer.. yes, there are much better pedals around. Someone else would be better recommending you an all-round one though.

Also, are you saying £100 for a Jackhammer? If you are, get your ass on eBay; I picked mine up for £21 including delivery.
404: Sig not found.
What sort of music do you play, and what makes you love the Jackhammer?
Fulltone OCD. Extraordinarily versatile.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
i had a jackhammer and didnt like it that much, the distortion wasnt good and the OD was too thick for me.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Well number 1 thing with the Jackhammer, forget the distortion setting, it's gash. Use the overdrive, it still gets very heavy when cranked.

Then you have drive, volume, bass, treble, freq and contour. With all of those you have a really versatile pedal. You can use it just for a touch of drive or as a boost only or to get some heavy/chunky high gain.

I can't really give you any examples. Just go try one, they're the sort of pedal most shops would stock.
404: Sig not found.
maybe i'm confused... but whether you're looking for an OD that covers all bases or that is "All Round" this should do it:

Quote by Caged_Wisdom
maybe i'm confused... but whether you're looking for an OD that covers all bases or that is "All Round" this should do it:

Ok I'm intrigued what makes it so versitile?