Ok so on the weekend I was quickly watching an interview with Thrice. I wasnt really paying attention but I thought i heard Dustin say that he uses a line 6 pedal which changes his tuning without him actually changing his guitars tuning. So if hes playing different songs that have a different tuning he just hits a pedal and away he goes. I believe he said this was a line 6. So my question is does anyone know which pedal this is? and if it actaully is any good? i can see it being excellent in a live setting. Maybe i just heard him wrong?
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn WR120 Rocker Series
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus
Maybe some kind of octavia type pedal?

I dunno, I just know those can duplicate your sound so it sounds lower... don't quote me though...

Have you checked Line 6's site? I'm sure there would be something on there regarding this mystery pedal.
Link to the interview? I highly doubt it's a Line 6 pedal.. The only thing I can think of that would do that type of effect well is an Eventide Harmonizer, which is a very expensive rack unit. I think the Pitchfactor will be able to that when it comes out as well.

I highly doubt he actually does that, I'm sure he has more than a few guitars, being in Thrice and everything. Maybe you just misinterpreted

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
Link to the interview? I highly doubt it's a Line 6 pedal.. The only thing I can think of that would do that type of effect well is an Eventide Harmonizer, which is a very expensive rack unit. I think the Pitchfactor will be able to that when it comes out as well.

I highly doubt he actually does that, I'm sure he has more than a few guitars, being in Thrice and everything. Maybe you just misinterpreted

its from the new dvd i just tracked it down. im checkin it out again. I'll keep ya posted

EDIT - Yes, my mistake, he uses a line 6 variax, which is basically a guitar that you can run thru a computer, and the computer can change the soudns of the guitars. At least thats what ive gathered.
http://line6.com/variax/

EDIT 2 - Or rather, he installed variax internals into a tele i think.
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn WR120 Rocker Series
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus
Last edited by FarFromDead at Feb 23, 2009,