Right now I have an Epi Les Paul Custom Black Beauty with three humbuckers in it. It has a 3 way switch, the rhythm position powers only the neck pickup, the middle position powers the middle and bridge pickup and the lead position powers only bridge position. Right now I already have a DImarzio Breed and Evolution pickup in another guitar that I may switch out and install in the Epi. I also can get a Dimarzio Steve's special off a friend to fill the other humbucker. SHould I go another route? What are some good pickup combinations. I play Alternative to grunge to hard rock to modern rock. I do play some cleans so need them to be good. I have a Randall RM100.
I'm not looking into EMGS or any active pickups. My ESP already has EMGs in it. I'm going for a slightly different tone. I'll be using standard tuning for this and use the ESP for drop tuning. SO like I said I need a clean neck pickup that can sound good dirty for rhythm.
Ya about the bump... I'm bored at work, ha. Wasting company time. Not a huge fan of th EVOs either, too hot. The reason I thought of those three dimarzio's is cause i already have two of em and can get the third cheap, cost efficient. ALthough thinking about maybe getting a

Seymour Duncan JB/59/Jazz
i dont like jazz/jb, and cant you put a 5 way switch in there?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I haven't played much of my evo and breeds since theyre in a sg, not a fan of sg's
Going test them out again. I tried the dimarzio pickup selecter, they keep pushing the same 5 pickups on me. Although humbucker from hell sounds interesting
Quote by forsaknazrael
^He'd have to get create with the switch, since it's routed for a toggle, rather than a blade.

I'd take Breeds over a JB/Jazz any day.

well yeah, i was thinking the rotating ones that fit toggle.
but at the very least if he's looking at 4 wires, he'd be a dope not to add push pull pots to the mod.

think about it. you get a 3 humbucker guitar for the tonal advantages i guess?

but a 2 humbucker with splits, gives you 3 H selects, plus a split on each.

his guitar has got 3 tonal choices and less sustain.

but hey, looks good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yeah or i guess push pulls would make more sense.

especially if the cavity wasnt large.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62