I've noticed loads of people in the UK are stopping selling Gibson?! What's going on?!

Who is still selling them?
Last edited by jmeager at Feb 23, 2009,
thats unusual....might have something to do with the slumping economy here seeing as theyre an american company
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Distribution change

They're being sold as soon as they reach Britain, rather than being stockpiled and released into the market in bursts
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
It's sold by Gibson U.K. now, not individual shops reselling for companies like Rosetti, ect. for individual distribution.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i noticed that too in my local craigslist and ebay. there are ALOT less gibsons and other brands of amps on the market now.
Gibsons have gone down hill . I wish to get a VOS reissue however. But yeah, They are rarer. It is easier to get hold of a Private stock PRS these days ...
Cool, thanks for all your help guys.

I read somewhere that there's only like 12 'real' dealers in the UK now and that some of those still with them just have old stock?!

I couldn't find out who the 12 are tho :S
they've changed their distribution route, so only certain companies can sell them
and shops have to buy a lisence sort of thing from gibson, which they're seling for about £7,000
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
oh right, that's pretty weird :S

Do you have any idea which are the ones who are 'real' dealers - there's loads of people online with them, but I want to ask about a proper custom shop from a real dealer.
i think his sig has to do with the band known as Cake
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Distributor change, and they really have messed it up big time. I'm just glad I got mine before this whole debacle. The used market is still fairly strong so try that out.
eat sleep play guitar
why the **** would you buy a new gibson
second hand ftw

theyv changed distributers recently the distributers based in the netherlands i think
my loacal shops still have loads of gibsons
the one thing i am noticing in a few shops is epiphone les pauls,sgs,tunderbirds and firebirds
are all being replaced by tokai copys
supose thats good anyway chepaer and better
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by jmeager
Cool, thanks for all your help guys.

I read somewhere that there's only like 12 'real' dealers in the UK now and that some of those still with them just have old stock?!

I couldn't find out who the 12 are tho :S
Er, there's only 3 licensed Gibson dealers in the UK now. Andertons, GAK, and Vintage & Rare, though Vintage & Rare aren't making any use of their license since both stores quite happily bash the crap out of Gibson these days for how awfully they're treating their fans.

Other stores might still have old, as yet unsold stock, but that's it. Nowhere else can get new stock in, though of course they could get used stock traded in.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
99% of business is using the tactic of keeping next to no stock on the shelves as their main cost cutting measure to battle the credit crunch. Its no surprise most stores dont carry much in stock atm. They will be able to get the stock they just wont have it sat in the back or on a hanger out front.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
yeah, i think its only really the major interweb stores that are 'real' dealers, like 'steve!' said.

my sig's not realy to do with brass eye, or the band, more to do with Victoria Sponge
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by MrFlibble
Er, there's only 3 licensed Gibson dealers in the UK now. Andertons, GAK, and Vintage & Rare, though Vintage & Rare aren't making any use of their license since both stores quite happily bash the crap out of Gibson these days for how awfully they're treating their fans.

Other stores might still have old, as yet unsold stock, but that's it. Nowhere else can get new stock in, though of course they could get used stock traded in.

Gibson have really played it badly.
I guess they had it coming.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by steve!
why the **** would you buy a new gibson
second hand ftw

I wouldn't want to put it that bluntly but yes, when concerning Gibson guitars, you're right. +100
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73