Well in the course of many shows this fall/winter my Maxon OD9 was stolen, I don't know how but it was. Now I loved it, but the tone was a little too "boxy" for me. I was looking into an SD 1 maybe, I need a decent overdrive that isn't as boxy and can get me a nice classic rock sound (The Who, Stones, Oasis, Kasabian). I'm also decent with electronics and I know that there are tons of mods for the SD 1. Most of all I like the price though. So is a SD 1 for me?
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by WtrPlyr
What do you mean with 'boxy'

Too much mids, seemed to kill my bass too.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
I love my OD9. I love my mids. More mids...more....more....MORE!

But, yes, I also have a Fulltone OCD since it is a more transparent, versatile pedal. The OD9 has a lot of character, while the OCD simply sweetens up your amp/guitar.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Thanks a lot guys. Yeh the OD 9 was great when I was playing pretty much exclusively blues, but I need the transparency for the stuff I play now.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by StratRat13
Too much mids, seemed to kill my bass too.

That's pretty much the typical Tubescreamer based pedal, exactly why I hate them.

+1 for the OCD.
Don't forget the ever popular Bad Monkey
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Don't forget the ever popular Bad Monkey

Which is a TS9 clone, will be quite close to the OD9
True, but it has an active treble and bass EQ built in and I know IbanezPsycho has an easy mod to remove the mid hump in it. Cheap, easily modifiable to what you want....sounds like win to me!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Which is a TS9 clone, will be quite close to the OD9

Actually the pedal is not that mid heavy and a simple mod can kill what little bit of mid hump that was there.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Feb 23, 2009,
See? Lol, you must have "heard" your name IP.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
True, but it has an active treble and bass EQ built in and I know IbanezPsycho has an easy mod to remove the mid hump in it. Cheap, easily modifiable to what you want....sounds like win to me!

I agree, the mid hump is the only major problem I have with tubescreamer clones.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Actually the pedal is not that mid heavy and a simple mod can kill what little bit of mid hump that was there.

About as mid heavy as a standard TS if you ask me, guess we heard things differently
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
About as mid heavy as a standard TS if you ask me, guess we heard things differently

We all have a different set of ears..

I can just go by what I have experianced when I owned them both and used them in conjunction with one another.