I can't write anything good at all. All the ideas pop into my head fight with the others when i try to write.... So it all won't come out on my paper. So what do i do? I listen a lot to Muse and Radiohead (Especially Radiohead now), so i am confused on the way they write. I want to get back what i used to have when i could write. Please help!!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Last edited by guitarheroII at Feb 23, 2009,
Write it all down and piece through it.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
maybe expand your genres?

look into some dream theater or something, try not to limit your potential.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
i've been getting into In Flames a lot and The Raconteurs so yeah
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
I've been through this a few times recently, I usually get it when i'm stressed and the ideas wont flow properly, I usually just take a break for a few days and not worry myself with it and then come back to it and I usually benefit quite a lot.

Expanding your horizons wont hurt though.
stub your toe, get angry, and write a metal song about it.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
Quote by DeadlyKombat
stub your toe, get angry, and write a metal song about it.

I stubbed my toe!
And I got angry!
Just went with the flow!
And now it's all bloody!
I still can't grow!
Pubic hair!
But it's all good
Cuz life's not fair!!!

**** this chair, my toe is now ****ed
I threw it all away and ran out of luck
I think it might be broken, what should I do!?!?
Maybe I'll just blame it on the ****in jews!!!!
**** A DUCK
CHAIRS ****IN SUCK...

That's all I got
ROFL
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
you get the idea, then when you go to write it down your thinking "wait no, nah, thats ****"

what you need to do, is write that rubbish down. no one will see it, but at least your letting yourself know what does and doesnt work.

and then either youll get out of it some **** lines, that have helped you know what doesnt work in poetry and lyric writing.

ORR,
youll come back to it and think "wait, thats not so bad, with a bit of work, i can make theese decent"

win/win sinario, now write down your rubbish.

I stubbed my toe!
And I got angry!
Just went with the flow!
And now it's all bloody!
I still can't grow!
Pubic hair!
But it's all good
Cuz life's not fair!!!

**** this chair, my toe is now ****ed
I threw it all away and ran out of luck
I think it might be broken, what should I do!?!?
Maybe I'll just blame it on the ****in jews!!!!
**** A DUCK
CHAIRS ****IN SUCK...

That's all I got
ROFL

Hilarious :p