If i set my vypyr to clean and use a pedal will it sound good or crappy?

(also if you are good with the vypyr's PM me? Need help)
most likely it wont sound as good as your on board effects.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
But that's the problem. I can't (after so many attempts) get the crunch anyone else is achieving with this amp. =/

EDIT: I can get crunch but only with headphones in. I need some really heavy stuff coming from the speaker xD
Last edited by Sammm1 at Feb 23, 2009,
Unless you can bypass the preamp i wouldn't bother.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I haven't tried using pedals with my yet. But I would think that on a clean channel it would sound ok. I have the 15 and upgraded the speaker to a 10".

If you use the Sanpera pedal that is designed to be used with it, it should be fine,
aside from that pedal, it just depends on how you use the vyper with different pedals.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
when i had my vypyr for my practice amp (before it started elecrocuting me, since returned it) all i could get was alot of gain and crunch. remember your "pre" is where all your gain comes from and your "post" is your amp volume. try setting the amp to the XXX or 6505 setting, pre to about 3oclock, high to 1 oclock and mid and low to about 3 oclock. then tweak your post and master to get the clarity and diffenition you want.

for alot of helpful info visit the vypyr forum on the peavey website. ive heard the vypyr is actually quite accepting of analog pedals but dont spend the money if u can just tweak your amp to get a better sound.

sorry if this was rambled. im at work typing this on my phone so suck it grammar nazis!
Quote by juiceomatic
when i had my vypyr for my practice amp (before it started elecrocuting me, since returned it) all i could get was alot of gain and crunch. remember your "pre" is where all your gain comes from and your "post" is your amp volume. try setting the amp to the XXX or 6505 setting, pre to about 3oclock, high to 1 oclock and mid and low to about 3 oclock. then tweak your post and master to get the clarity and diffenition you want.

for alot of helpful info visit the vypyr forum on the peavey website. ive heard the vypyr is actually quite accepting of analog pedals but dont spend the money if u can just tweak your amp to get a better sound.

sorry if this was rambled. im at work typing this on my phone so suck it grammar nazis!

Thanks alot. Especially cause typing on a phone is hard man
The vypyr has great models and effects on there there is no need to throw pedals on it. Which vypyr do you have? I have the 60 watt tube version and it's great. The solid state ones were okay but the small 15 watt didn't sound that good to me. If you can't get a good crunch out of it though it might be your guitar because it has plenty enough of that.
I'm sure theres some pedals that would sound okay with it. It just seems really pointless on that amp. I mean it has pretty much everything you need.