Well today started off brilliantly. I was happy to wake up and go to labs with two of my chemistry housemates. All day I was smiling and happy. I come home and I see that there is a letter addressed to me but it has already been opened. Instantly I felt angered. On of my other three housemates opened the letter that was addressed to me. Its a breach of my privacy.

I asked the two people I was in labs with all day, who never left my side if they went home and opened it, but I knew they didnt but I asked them anyway. I got a no answer from both of them.

Now, the thing is, this other housemate and I, the third one who doesnt do the same course as me and my other two friends, hates me. We get along about as well as an old guy and a midget. I know she opened this letter, but because there is so much animosity between us, and the fact that I lost my temper with her at one point and shouted at her until she locked herself in her room crying, means that I am apprehensive about confronting her with this.

I want to make it clear to her that I do not like people opening mail that is addressed to me. I find it rude and a breach of my privacy. I know this is trivial but its annoyed me. My first response is to just calmly say to her "Hi, did you open my mail?" and if she lies by saying no... What do I do? I will know if she is lying. Or, should I pull all my housemates together and say "Hi, I dont know who opened my letter, and I dont want to point fingers, but please in future, dont open my mail. If it concerns you, I ll let you know if it is a bill, but in future please do not do it." The problem with that is, she ll think she got away with it and do it again anyway.

So Pit, any ideas on how to deal with this? Any anger management techniques? I am very quick to anger, and judging by how much she hates me and I hate her... How can I maturely deal with this?

Rape and murder, rubbing icy hot and fapping are techniques that I wont use.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
*wall of text*

well, why did you ask the pit? that's all we know.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.

<-------

Smoke that
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by Guitardude19
We get along about as well as an old guy and a midget.

I always thought they got along well. You learn something new every day.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Talking it out without getting angry is usually what works. Ask her if she opened your letter. If she lies, call her out on it and tell her that you don't like the breach of privacy. If she doesn't comply, lock her in the basement, inject caffeine in to her bloodstream, and make her watch videos of Teletubbies.

Quote by Guitardude19
We get along about as well as an old guy and a midget

So an old guy who IS a midget would have such a battle within that he would explode?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Feb 23, 2009,
Confront her. Mention that all your other room mates didn't open the letter and by a process of elimination that means it must be her. Mention that you were also doing labs with the other 2 and they therefore couldn't go and do it.
Isn't it against the law to open someone's mail? I say you tell her you need her help for chem finger printing , to test out the ink and dust used proprieties then you compare to envelope.
stick it in her pooper
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by jgbsmith
well, why did you ask the pit? that's all we know.

No... It isn't. Now get out.

And TS you should be annoyed. That would REALLY piss me off.

Count to 10 in your head or count your breathes. If she says no then don't get angry because shes just trying to get a rise out of you (/old fashioned). I don't know what I'd say 'cause I'm not in the situation and I normally don't plan these things. But be very stern with her, not angry, stern.

Hope I helped >.<
Quote by darkstar2466
Talking it out without getting angry is usually what works. Ask her if she opened your letter. If she lies, call her out on it and tell her that you don't like the breach of privacy. If she doesn't comply, lock her in the basement, inject caffeine in to her bloodstream, and make her watch videos of Teletubbies.

Now thats an answer. Now I just need to build a basement.

To be honest. I cant hold my temper. If I know she is lying, I know this will happen. I ll snap. I ll shout at her, and if she talks back I ll shout at her harder and start throwing objects around and trashing the room.

This happened the last time she crossed the line with me. (What she did to one of my housemates was inexcusable and she thought she could get away with bullying them so I put my foot down that time).
Quote by Pageles
Isn't it against the law to open someone's mail? I say you tell her you need her help for chem finger printing , to test out the ink and dust used proprieties then you compare to envelope.

It's against the law to steal mail. There's nothing that says you can't open your roommates' mail.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Don't be aggressive and accusing. Just calmly say to her "I don't know if you did this or not, but if it was please don't do it again"

It probably won't happen again either way. If she did do it, she's just after a reaction. Deny her one.
Quote by darkstar2466
It's against the law to steal mail. There's nothing that says you can't open your roommates' mail.

In England its a breach of privacy and is illegal but not illegal. Its more a civil matter Ive been told.
Quote by Guitardude19
Now thats an answer. Now I just need to build a basement.

To be honest. I cant hold my temper. If I know she is lying, I know this will happen. I ll snap. I ll shout at her, and if she talks back I ll shout at her harder and start throwing objects around and trashing the room.

This happened the last time she crossed the line with me. (What she did to one of my housemates was inexcusable and she thought she could get away with bullying them so I put my foot down that time).

Well... after the last time you went apeshit on her, did she ever repeat the same thing that got you angry in the first place? If the answer is yes, then you need to be even harsher. If the answer is no, then you know your method of yelling at her works, and you should shout at her until she cries this time also.

This way, you get to take advantage of your temper.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

So an old guy who IS a midget would have such a battle within that he would explode?

I think I have found the answer to my angst.

You've been working at Gitmo haven't you?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
You've been working at Gitmo haven't you?

If I tell you the answer to that, you would have to eat many cockmeat sandwiches.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Aww I kinda feel bad now.

I spoke to her calmly and said "Heya, dont want to cause a thing, but can you not open any letters that are addressed to me in future because its a breach of my privacy" and she was all cool with it... She didnt start a fight or anything, she just apologised... Eep. Maybe she isnt as bad as I think she is...
Quote by Guitardude19

I spoke to her calmly and said "Heya, dont want to cause a thing, but can you not open any letters that are addressed to me in future because its a breach of my privacy" and she was all cool with it... She didnt start a fight or anything, she just apologised... Eep. Maybe she isnt as bad as I think she is...

Whee. Everything worked out well.

Now... that basement... get on it boy.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Guitardude19

Or maybe she was worried that you'd go batch*t crazy on her, and pull her ovaries out through her nose, and then strangle her with her own fallopian tubes.

But it sounds like the best thing to do at this point is to accept the apology, and move on.
Quote by Guitardude19

She is. She's plotting your demise at this very second.

run, dude, RUN!
Quote by MightyAl
Or maybe she was worried that you'd go batch*t crazy on her, and pull her ovaries out through her nose, and then strangle her with her own fallopian tubes.

But it sounds like the best thing to do at this point is to accept the apology, and move on.

I have accepted her apology. I think things between me and her are getting back to normal and the animosity is fading. Cant stay mad at her forever xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
She is. She's plotting your demise at this very second.

run, dude, RUN!

>_>

<_<

Well if she was going to kill me she has had loads of chances already...
Quote by Guitardude19
I have accepted her apology. I think things between me and her are getting back to normal and the animosity is fading. Cant stay mad at her forever xD

You can test this new found faith in her by mailing yourself a letter full of anthrax.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I never get mail.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by Jackal58
You can test this new found faith in her by mailing yourself a letter full of anthrax.

That'd be mean, and despite all the crap thats happened in this house, I trust her on her word. If I didnt this house would be unbearable to live in.
Quote by el-ECTRO
I never get mail.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Give me your address and I'll send you some... "mail"...
Quote by Guitardude19
Well today started off brilliantly. I was happy to wake up and go to labs with two of my chemistry housemates. All day I was smiling and happy. I come home and I see that there is a letter addressed to me but it has already been opened. Instantly I felt angered. On of my other three housemates opened the letter that was addressed to me. Its a breach of my privacy.

I asked the two people I was in labs with all day, who never left my side if they went home and opened it, but I knew they didnt but I asked them anyway. I got a no answer from both of them.

Now, the thing is, this other housemate and I, the third one who doesnt do the same course as me and my other two friends, hates me. We get along about as well as an old guy and a midget. I know she opened this letter, but because there is so much animosity between us, and the fact that I lost my temper with her at one point and shouted at her until she locked herself in her room crying, means that I am apprehensive about confronting her with this.

I want to make it clear to her that I do not like people opening mail that is addressed to me. I find it rude and a breach of my privacy. I know this is trivial but its annoyed me. My first response is to just calmly say to her "Hi, did you open my mail?" and if she lies by saying no... What do I do? I will know if she is lying. Or, should I pull all my housemates together and say "Hi, I dont know who opened my letter, and I dont want to point fingers, but please in future, dont open my mail. If it concerns you, I ll let you know if it is a bill, but in future please do not do it." The problem with that is, she ll think she got away with it and do it again anyway.

So Pit, any ideas on how to deal with this? Any anger management techniques? I am very quick to anger, and judging by how much she hates me and I hate her... How can I maturely deal with this?

THis, if she does it again THEN confront her about it, dont make a big deal about it yet though
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Confront her. Mention that all your other room mates didn't open the letter and by a process of elimination that means it must be her. Mention that you were also doing labs with the other 2 and they therefore couldn't go and do it.

This, Peter Sellers style.

Oh, wait. Well, next time...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Ask her calmly "so what did my letter say?". She'll think that you dont care and when she tells you what was in it you can begin. Tell her that you dont want her opening your mail ever again and theres gonna be a big ****storm if she does. If you use this approach, she cant deny opening the letter, because she just told you what was in it.