My band recently split with our vocalist. We did a few shows out and recorded a demo at a local studio. http://www.myspace.com/afamiliarencounter.

The style is somewhere between rock and metal. Really focusing on melody rather than trying to be the worlds heaviest band. Im hoping for a SEPARATE guitarist and vocalist. Our singer played guitar too but it seemed like a struggle for him. Let me know! We have songs already finished. We have about 8 or 9 solid songs. Hoping to find one as soon as possible.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
why did you guys split with your singer if you don't mind me asking?
A number of reasons. Musical differences probably being the primary one. We play that kind of music (I write 99% of the music) but he listened to stuff like Oasis and Smashing Pumpkins. When it came time to write new music, he expected to be involved creatively, which was fine. But he wanted to contribute stuff that was not anything like the music we play. Among other things was he wasnt a very enthusiastic front man. No crowd interaction. Just stuff like that. It sucks it didnt work out. Its near impossible finding another one that will work.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
I'm in Columbus. How often do you wanna meet and what side of dayton are you on. If its not a horrid drive I might be interested.
Unfortunately Im just a tad north of dayton. Not by much though. I've driven to columbus (not knowing where you are exactly of course), a couple times. One being the columbus zoo, and its about 45 minute drive. Im not expecting anybody to want to drive that far.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100