Hey all, just introducing myself. I created my account on here a while ago but i havent really been active all that much. Honestly, i just spaced it out lol. Anyway, Im a guitarist and have been playing for just about 4 years now. My favorite band and one of my biggest influences is Iron Maiden. I don't just limit myself to metal though. I love classic rock, blues, even some folk acoustic guitar stuff as well. I took lessons for almost 2 years from a Jazz guy which i gotta say was a big help and latley ive been getting into and learning stuff from Petrucci, Malmsteen, Satch and Steve Vai.

Right now i play in a rock cover band which i joined about a month ago and i just had my first gig this past Thursday! It was an awesome exepreicne...a little tight up there but im hoping as time goes i will get more comfortable. The band is great, our lead guitarist and bass player have been playing together for a long time and they have a lot of experience so im looking forward to learning a lot from them. Nice part is they have no egos so they are more than willing to work with me which makes the whole learning process easier. We play every Thursdays nights as of now with some gigs here and there on the weekends so it looks like i will be getting plenty of experience which is great.

I gotta say im a bit nervous though, this Thursday we have a show at a club in Boston called Felt, which is a pretty nice place that gets packed. It's a quick set, just 45 minutes. We are opening for another band doing a CD release. I hope everything goes smooth. Wish me luck!

CJ
Quote by RunOut1724
Hey all, just introducing myself. I created my account on here a while ago but i havent really been active all that much. Honestly, i just spaced it out lol. Anyway, Im a guitarist and have been playing for just about 4 years now. My favorite band and one of my biggest influence is Iron Maiden. I don't just limit myself to metal though. I love classic rock, blues, even some folk acoustic guitar stuff as well. I took lessons for almost 2 years from a Jazz guy which i gotta say was a big help and latley ive been getting into and learning stuff from Petrucci, stop this Malmensteen , Satch and Steve Vai.

Right now i play in a rock cover band which i joined about a month ago and i just had my first gig this past Thursday! It was an awesome exepreicne...a little tight up there but im hoping as time goes i will get more comfortable. The band is great, our lead guitarist and bass player have been playing together for a long time and they have a lot of experience so im looking forward to learning a lot from them. Nice part is they have no egos so they are more than willing to work with me which makes the whole learning process easier. We play every Thursdays nights as of now with some gigs here and there on the weekends so it looks like i will be getting plenty of experience which is great.

I gotta say im a bit nervous though, this Thursday we have a show at a club in Boston called Felt, which is a pretty nice place that gets packed. It's a quick set, just 45 minutes. i think 45 minutes isnt exactly a short gig,thats like 10-12 songs,isnt it? We are opening for another band doing a CD release. I hope everything goes smooth. Wish me luck!

CJ

good luck

HINT: Stay away from the pit
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by classrock77
nobody cares dude

then wtf are you doing here?
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by nowa90
good luck

HINT: Stay away from the pit

Thanks man, and yea its about 12 songs were doing. It's short compared to our regular set list which as of now has about 30 tunes. We have over 50 that were going to do eventually, were just still working on the rest.

Quote by classrock77
nobody cares dude

This is a discussion forum. People on forums discuss things...are you aware of how these work? Or what...lemme guess. Your just a troll that gets off on harassing other members? Listen, just cause you don't care doesnt mean others won't either. People come to forums for different reasons. Im a member of a few forums with a solid community. I came here hoping to get some support from other musicians and to learn a thing or two and share my musical interests. Why are you here? To be a dick head to other members?
Quote by classrock77
nobody cares dude

that wasn't necessary.

welcome to the forums RunOut1724!
please, feel free to post your intro again this this thread. it's perfect for introductions!
also, make sure to read the rules and the FAQ's.
lots of good information in there.

enjoy your stay!
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko 9119
that wasn't necessary.

welcome to the forums RunOut1724!
please, feel free to post your intro again this this thread. it's perfect for introductions!
also, make sure to read the rules and the FAQ's.
lots of good information in there.

enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the proper welcome!
don't worry about classrock77, he has been warned. just report or ignore unhelpful people like that in future please and we will deal with them
from daylight...
...into darkness