Okay, so I've been making a guitar with my uncle thats a luthier, its a Rhoads style V made of mahogany with a sweet maple neck and a great fretboard and all that, so its pretty much done, and I need to start getting some pickups for it, so I'm asking for three kinds of pickups.

A humbucker for the neck position, I want one that can give me smooth, sweet clean tones.
A single coil in the middle position, for soloing when I don't want the gain of the bridge pup.
A metal humbucker for the bridge position, a nice hot one that'll distort nicely with plenty of balls.

BTW, I play I typically EQ like this... Bass: 5 - Mids: 9 - Treble: 4, so I don't want an overally trebly or bassy pickup, and nothing made for mid scooping, that is an abomination of EQ...

I've got a budget of 200$ or so for all of them.
Last edited by MadAudioMan at Feb 23, 2009,
It doesn't work that way really - you need to just look at the instrument as a whole. You want the to think of getting the guitar to be able produce those sounds once the pickups are installed, not the pickups themselves.

I'd say Duncan Custom in the bridge, 59 in the neck and i'm not great with singles so somebody else can suggest one lol.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You could buy a set of Blackouts or EMG's and a SD single-coil , like a P90 or something.
Quote by Kroaton
You could buy a set of Blackouts or EMG's and a SD single-coil , like a P90 or something.

wouldn't active pups have a lot more volume than passive pups and therefore wouldn't work well together?

that's what i thought, but i an not that sure...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
bridge pup - Dimarzio Steves Special
middle pup - Dimarzio Tone Zone S
neck pup - Dimarzio Humbucker from hell
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings: