Hey guys!

So I decided having 3 amps wasn't enough and picked up a new amp this weekend...

Vox AC15. Man this thing is sweet!!! I just love the chime.

For anyone that already owns one, I do have one question. The hum is really pronounced on this amp. I've got a Epi Valve Jr, Fender Blues Jr, Traynor YCV50 and the hum on the Vox is much worse than any of them. I tried different power outlets, guitars, cables, etc. No change. I asked my tech guru and his response was "that's just how Class A amps are" Thoughts?

Anyway, I love it. Hum and all.

-J!
looks great!
have a nice time with it
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
HNAD man. Clipzorz maybe?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
nice, I love mine.

I don't notice a hum with mine but I also haven't listened for it
Congrats, clipsnaoplease..
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Nims
So I decided having 3 amps wasn't enough

And yet there are some people like me who are still managing ok with just a 15 watt MG.

Why can I see someone sigging that and writing ownage underneath it?
Quote by A-G-guitarist
And yet there are some people like me who are still managing ok with just a 15 watt MG.

I hope no one does sig this, because you didn't own him at all. You might think you're managing okay, but he's managing better.

Dude, grats on the amp. I was gonna get one but settled with Traynor, instead.

I dunno, the lack of the mids control kinda steered me away... I do have an EQ but that was purchased long afterwards.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I hope no one does sig this, because you didn't own him at all. You might think you're managing okay, but he's managing better.

I dunno, the lack of the mids control kinda steered me away... I do have an EQ but that was purchased long afterwards.

I meant how I owned myself lol.
I've got an audio interface and SM57 in the mail, but I'll be out of town starting Thursday and they get here Wednesday. So next week for the clips.

-J!
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

I love the Traynor, but when I plugged in to the Vox it just instantly took me to a place the Traynor never did. Just sounds so reminiscent of all the early 60's british rock that I love so much.

I have a 10-band EQ that I built but haven't even felt the need for it yet. I just played it straight for a while first. Tonight I'll try some pedals. Fuzz face clone, SHO, EQ, Analog Delay, orange squeezer, slow gear, OH YES!
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I meant how I owned myself lol.

I'm probably selling my 50w Traynor and the Epi Valve Jr, so if you're interested in either send me a PM. The Epi has a tone circuit added, and the Traynor I re-tubed with JJ's.

-J!
OH CRAP, the entire time I typed that... I wondered if you did mean owning yourself.

Sorry, haha.

Yeah I get what you mean, Nims, the VOX sounded heavenly. The YCV50 can do quite an array of tones, but it can't really do what the VOX does in terms of 60's rock. If the AC30 hadn't been so expensive, I probably might've looked into it.

Congrats, though, again.
Quote by A-G-guitarist

I can see why you aren't getting sigged; Because you want to.

Nice amp, btw!
I've heard it both ways
Last edited by Siggelump at Feb 23, 2009,
congrats! that is one sweet amp!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
very nice amp, congrats

Quote by Nims
I asked my tech guru and his response was "that's just how Class A amps are" Thoughts?

well, apparently not, because the VJ you also have is class A... arguably more so than the ac15, too.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice amp, congrats

well, apparently not, because the VJ you also have is class A... arguably more so than the ac15, too.

Yeah who knows. I don't really care, it just kind of stuck out. Maybe it's normal and my other amps are quiet? I usually roll the volume off when I'm not playing anyway so it's really not a big deal... I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with it.

-J!
^^ yeah, i dunno... some amps will be noisier than others... but excessive noise generally isn't a good sign (especially in what's a pretty low gain amp). have you tried any other ac15s?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
congrats on the new amp.

i read somewhere else that a guy had a similar problem with excessive hum from a brand new amp. it turned out one of his preamp tubes was bad. maybe something for you to look into. i would check out some other AC15s before you do anything else just to make sure it is abnormal.
HNAD!

Depending on exactly how much tax money comes back, I might be getting an AC15, too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Congrats man! Vox cleans are...

well, they're vox cleans. 'nuff said.

Give it some good loving.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.