Hey guys thanks for opening.
I currently play a Peavey Triple X 2x12 combo amp. I use to play heavy music but now I mostly play praise and worship music or lighter rock music. This thing has too much gain for what I need; but the main reason I keep it is because it has the footswitchable effects loop control. I run the loop when I’m on the clean channel and can swap over to the distortion and take off the effects with 1 stomp. Do you guys think that it would be worth keeping this amp and buying a low gain tube kit (it needs new tubes anyways) and then maybe trying to get at least 1 good speaker like a Vintage 30 or something?
I really don’t want to be stepping all over the place and that is why this function on the footswitch is HUGE for me. Thanks!!!
I'd get a new amp and keep the XXX for when you still wanna play heavy stuff.

I do the same thing but when I play the praise+worship I just use my Taylor acoustic and hook into the PA.
I don't play heavy music anymore - if I do I will borrow an amp. I play electric so I won't be using an acoustic. If someone suggests a new amp, does anyone know of any besides the triple x that have footswitchable effects loops??
Quote by BriSmi75
I don't play heavy music anymore - if I do I will borrow an amp. I play electric so I won't be using an acoustic. If someone suggests a new amp, does anyone know of any besides the triple x that have footswitchable effects loops??

You can buy an effects loop pedal. It'll let you switch as many effects as you wish at once. They're pretty cheap too.
I'm not cool.
Quote by ripper_shredder
+1....thats a fantastic idea

+2.

Plus, it is good to be advantaged in all styles