Anyone here actualy buy the DVD for speed kills by Michael angelo batio?

Page 1 of 2
hell no. hes just another shredder known for his weird/ugly guitars and equally ugly haircut rather than his playing.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by Strato-Massacre
hell no. hes just another shredder known for his weird/uglly guitars and equally ugly haircut rather than his playing.

He is also a really really gnarly guitar player. You can't even say that dude doesn't have skills.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
Quote by DeathMask
He is also a really really gnarly guitar player. You can't even say that dude doesn't have skills.

but whats so special about him? ill go to any local show around here and pick out about 3 players (small venue) that can play just as good as him. oh wait, is it because he has "feeling"?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Random3
people hate him but no one will ever be able to do what he does

I can't imagine anyone wanting to do what he does. Musically he's pretty terrible.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
god how i depise his awful hair

he is pretty skilled though ill give him that
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
i didn't know anyone actually listened to that clown. i like the shredder virtuoso music like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani, but MAB is pure wanking garbage. it's mindless shredd with no emotion or feeling.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I can't imagine anyone wanting to do what he does. Musically he's pretty terrible.

well, if you are as skilled as him then you can pretty much play anything. you might not want to be able to play two necks at once while standing on your head, but the fact that he can means he has learned to play the instrument pretty much perfectly, and proved he can do it better than most by playing two necks at once - which would take a ****load of practice!
Quote by skaterskagg1
i didn't know anyone actually listened to that clown. i like the shredder virtuoso music like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani, but MAB is pure wanking garbage. it's mindless shredd with no emotion or feeling.

Emotion is subjective, dumbass.
Quote by Random3
well, if you are as skilled as him then you can pretty much play anything. you might not want to be able to play two necks at once while standing on your head, but the fact that he can means he has learned to play the instrument pretty much perfectly, and proved he can do it better than most by playing two necks at once - which would take a ****load of practice!

It doesn't mean he learned the instrument perfectly, it means he can play scales really fast, pretty much anyone can do that after practicing for several years. From everything I've heard he's really skilled when it comes to stupid flashy crap, but can't really play expressively at all.

Last.fm
I don't like his music very much. There is not enough movement or melody in what he plays. His technique might also be too flawless. His playing is so clean that it sounds inorganic and unnatural. I'm impressed by his technique but not his music.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It doesn't mean he learned the instrument perfectly, it means he can play scales really fast, pretty much anyone can do that after practicing for several years. From everything I've heard he's really skilled when it comes to stupid flashy crap, but can't really play expressively at all.

ahh but playing scales really fast also means you can play scales... really slow! and his solos like "No Boundaries" are mindblowing.
best guitar dvd you'll purchase is "rock discipline" by John Petrucci
Quote by Random3
ahh but playing scales really fast also means you can play scales... really slow! and his solos like "No Boundaries" are mindblowing.

the fact that he can play them slowly isn't really relevant, the point is I've never heard him play anything that sounded expressive or interesting at all, and I do listen to shred stuff. He basically just plays fast complicated stuff for the purpose of playing fast complicated stuff, which pretty much makes him a total hack.

Quote by Corko93
best guitar dvd you'll purchase is "rock discipline" by John Petrucci

that actually is a pretty helpful DVD, even if you don't like Dream Theater.

Last.fm
Quote by Random3

skill is only PART of the equation.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the fact that he can play them slowly isn't really relevant, the point is I've never heard him play anything that sounded expressive or interesting at all, and I do listen to shred stuff. He basically just plays fast complicated stuff for the purpose of playing fast complicated stuff, which pretty much makes him a total hack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjFx2b37fyU
I am not a fan of him or anything, but I do think no boundaries has a very expressive intro, and the part where the background music drops out and he plays that really neo-classical sounding section is really cool too. Bottom line: you don't have to like his music, or find any emotion in it, but that doesn't mean other people can't either.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
but whats so special about him? ill go to any local show around here and pick out about 3 players (small venue) that can play just as good as him. oh wait, is it because he has "feeling"?

wait

Do any of you "they only play fast. they are awful musicians" actually listened at least once to the work of the guys you criticize?
Please watch this. That's for sure not only shred. You may like it or not (I personally don't). But that for sure isn't mindless fast playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiT6qtM09tI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7x1JvQKNG0&feature=related

These guys actually have albums besides teaching videos and workshops where they show techniques.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Feb 23, 2009,
There are only a few shredders I can listen to and actually enjoy the music:

- Joe Satriani
- Paul Gilbert
- Buckethead

Cuz the music isn't all just wank, it has melody and awesomeness.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
[quote="'-LeG[A"]cY-']

wait

like somebody else said, its just mindless wanking. just because hes really fast doesnt mean hes really good, or good at all.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
like somebody else said, its just mindless wanking. just because hes really fast doesnt mean hes really good, or good at all.

Just because you think so, it doesn't mean it's true. At all.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

To say he's not good is just ****ing retarded. He's good at what he does just like people like David Gilmour are good at what they do.
[quote="'-LeG[A"]cY-']To say he's not good is just ****ing retarded. He's good at what he does just like people like David Gilmour are good at what they do.
i meant that as in his MUSIC is not good, not his skill
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by creeping.death!
Show me an objective reason as to why his music is bad.

its been said by other people enough in this thread already.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
its been said by other people enough in this thread already.

It hasn't, actually. I said objective.
Everything that has been said against him is that his music is just "mindless shredding", which obviously isn't very objective, is it?
Last edited by creeping.death! at Feb 23, 2009,
I would only ever listen to his stuff if he got a better hair cut. My mate has seen him before though, said he's a cool chap so I can't fault him
Quote by worton
im just woundering how much you thought that dvd would improve your playing lol

From my personal experience of buying and using the DVD, I would say that Speed Kills will improve your shredding speed. Alot of the posts seem quite negative and go off the subject(feeling etc.)

When I first saw Michael Angelo on youtube I thought his playing lacked melody and feel as well. He kind of grows on you. I don't think I really understood his genius at first. It's how you FEEL when you start playing that fast. It's like nothing else matters anymore :P
"I bought Speed Kills by Michael Angelo Batio at http://www.metalmethod.com/137-6.html , I can honestly say that my shredding is alot faster and very clean, I have been playing Metal for 20 years - James Erceg"
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Yes, and it gave me the keys to the Lamborghini

Quote by SMB13
If by tip, you mean vigorously jack off bulls until I produce a barrel of semen, then yes.

Quote by aixelsydevahi
If you can do it, why not. I give myself handjobs regularly so why not a blowjob. I'd tittyfuck myself if I could.
I got it.

MAB's a god.

EDIT:

MAB is a mindless shredder! Which is why he can play acoustic guitar really well? Why songs like Rain Forest are not only impressive and sound nice during sweeping but are also expressive?

Thread reeks of jealousy.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Last edited by isabiggles at Apr 14, 2009,
Page 1 of 2