Ok, First off, so you can get an idea of what I do:
I work at a port where only cruise ships dock.
Every time a ship docks I am called the day before to come to work.
I am a eventual worker since these ships don't come every single day.
My job, along with my co-workers, is to roll up the doors, move gangways, give the port general security and what not.
The previous statement is a job done by only males, females are mostly incharge of the cleaning and lighter work.
In the past month or two, many people have left the job since they are going to college, better job, feel they are not getting enough, whatever.
So, the male-based staff has gone down to about from 9 to 4 including myself in the latter number.

Heres the situation, our ex-supervisor recently got caught stealing $70,000 from the port. Obviously, he was fired and and put in jail.
They brought back early another supervisor that we had who was on vacation since she recently had her baby.
Ever since she came back, I've been laid off on 6 ships, which is almost 2 weeks without work... $120 dollars down the drain in my case. I get paid $20 per ship. I called up my boss to ask why I haven't been called and she claims it's because they need to build up the money that they lost, yet, my co-workers (those who still remain) have all been called for each cruise ship that has arrived. Sadly, I don't know if I lost my job since they don't need to tell me I'm fired due to my contract being that I only have to work when I'm called. They can just stop calling me if they want, but I'm not getting any money for that anyway. I mean, Prior to the old supervisor coming back I was being called every single ship that was arriving.... I don't know.

I don't know, Am I losing my job? Should I get another one? Am I just paranoid?

****... I'm really pissed off...

I had that money counted for my gear.

EDIT: Payment, eventhough it sounds bad, I live in a third world country, so the payment is decent.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Last edited by JosephBerger at Feb 23, 2009,
Sounds like piss-poor pay anyway, find a new job bro.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Obviously she's on the rag.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
if they dont get somebody to replace her, id be looking for another job. she obviously doesnt like something about you and your hours and shifts are affected by it. i just went through the same thing, and i have a better job now.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Call them up and ask. I know it will be a horrible phone call but it's the only way you will get a straight answer.
Sounds like pretty poor pay there, mate - You ought to find something else.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Well, The pay might be poor, keep in mind though, that I live in a third world country and that the payment is decent.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Quote by JosephBerger
Well, The pay might be poor, keep in mind though, that I live in a third world country and that the payment is decent.

Ahhh didn't see your location. I want to go to Panama though.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Minkaro
.gov.uk?

Dude's in Panama.

Sorry I'm not good with this Geography and I've never heard of Panama
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by ThinLizzyFan

Central America, Between Costa Rica and Colombia.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
i see...
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Last edited by Chevelle454 at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by ThinLizzyFan

You've never heard of Panama? Good Lord. Get a second grade education.

To TS: get a new job.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Supertait
Sounds like piss-poor pay anyway, find a new job bro.

In South and Central America you earn way less than in North America. If he's earning 20 dollars per shift, that's not a bad wage. I earn 2 dollars per hour.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by rock_star77
You've never heard of Panama? Good Lord. Get a second grade education.

To TS: get a new job.

I'm from the UK I'm never gonna go there and basically I don't give a shit

Quote by Minkaro
It's on 1984, just after Jump

If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
lads, he lives in panama, quite possibly the pay is quite good if the cost of living there is low....
EDIT: i see thats already been pointed out

i had a situation like this as well, but i lost the job
you just have to ring up and ask for a straight answer...
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Feb 23, 2009,
Man, get a new job. Pack your things, put a broad smile on your face and start searching elsewhere. I know it's not easy giving up your previous mean of getting money, but you can find better no doubt.
well, since youre losing your job anyway, i just hijacked this cruise ship, think you could help me dock it? the hostages are being kinda bitchy.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Is it possible for you to sit down and talk to your boss about this?

If they haven't told you to find another job, I'd assume you're still hired...but then again I don't know how things work down there,. From what I know of people down there(some of my best friends are from Costa Rica), things are much less formal than up here, correct?

Would it be an uncommon thing for them to just stop calling you in and not tell you?
Nope, no sig here.
the pay sucked.
Get another job!
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
the fact that theyre cutting off to make back that money makes sense. your supervisor is probably insanely busy and plus you said she just got a kid. go see her personally, tell her straight up what you think, be polite of course. i think you just got the random ****ty end of the stick.
Quote by Minkaro
It's on 1984, just after Jump

You sir, win

On topic, I would wait another ship or two if I were you, and if you still don't get any calls, try and find a new job.
Be honest, and ask what are her intentions, from what I understood, you are getting ripped off because not calling you to do your job is the same as being unemployed (you don't get any money either way)... is that right?
Quote by Blitz93
You sir, win

On topic, I would wait another ship or two if I were you, and if you still don't get any calls, try and find a new job.

I think I might go with this. There is a ship on Wednesday and also on Friday, By then I might have the results.

Quote by LightYourFire
Be honest, and ask what are her intentions, from what I understood, you are getting ripped off because not calling you to do your job is the same as being unemployed (you don't get any money either way)... is that right?

I completely agree with this... Just when I called she said it was the boss who said not to call me, so now I'm getting worried.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Last edited by JosephBerger at Feb 23, 2009,
i had a job once and they didn't tell me i was no longer working for them, all they told me was there might not be any work left, i only found out when i got a tax statement.