http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=3

well basicly what i need is some information about this product from those who own/know this. i want some opinions on it..
and i want to know one thing
would it make 8 separate channels in the software?
cause it only has 2 FW outputs and i'm confused, because compared to a mackie onyx mixer it seems too little..
anyway
i'll be using this + a comp + a daw controler. + mics ofc.
would this work as a home studio. i would record instruments separetly, not all at the same time.

regards serjem
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
would it make 8 separate channels in the software?

Yes, provided that your pc can keep up.
It only needs 1 firewire connection, the second is for daisy chaining extra devices.

If you are only going to be recording instruments separately, it might be a bit too much, but you might need 8 channels for recording a full drum kit.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
Yes, provided that your pc can keep up.
It only needs 1 firewire connection, the second is for daisy chaining extra devices.

If you are only going to be recording instruments separately, it might be a bit too much, but you might need 8 channels for recording a full drum kit.

there you said it.
i only need 8 mics for drums.. everything else.. guitars basses vocals brass strings and other stuff shouldnt need that much..

but would it work.. i mean this, into comp

would i NEED a daw controller?
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
ok i have another question... you see my band needs a "pa system".. since this is a preamp. could i get a deacent poweramp and two passive speakers and turn tnis into a pa if needed?
thanks.
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
In the PA world, the preamp is the mixer.

However, I just put up a decent PA system on AMS and it was getting into the 8k range.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Serjem
ok i have another question... you see my band needs a "pa system".. since this is a preamp. could i get a deacent poweramp and two passive speakers and turn tnis into a pa if needed?
thanks.

You could do this, although you may need the pc to be connected in order to control it. This gives you a lot more possibilities such as sample playback, but you will need to carry a decent laptop in order to use it.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
You could do this, although you may need the pc to be connected in order to control it. This gives you a lot more possibilities such as sample playback, but you will need to carry a decent laptop in order to use it.

i wont be using a laptop. i'll have this simple boxish pc powerful enough to handle it.
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ