im going to get 10k$ what are some ways to save it or make more money out of it?

Page 1 of 3
my mom is going to give me 10,000$ for me for any emergency and stuff like that since the economy is bad they decided to sell the ranch they owned and split money with my sisters and me

so im going to get my part which is 10k but im wondering what could i do with my money to make it grow or save it in a smart way?

right now im happy with all gear i got so i dont feel like buying any more guitars or amplifiers till im really at a high skill level to really enjoy expensive gear

so any suggestions are really appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
rob a bank
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
All on RED!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Invest in the stock market.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
either you have 200 sisters or that was one crappy ranch

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Nexium
All on RED!

26, black.

*Slides chips away*
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Send it to me. I will turn it into 10,000,000 within 3 days and return it to you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Make that half uke, half piano type thing.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by noxiosimitator

it could be an amazing ranch and not yield much, TS' parents where stupid for selling real estate when the market is at rock bottom.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Put it in several high interest bank accounts and ISA's. If you look at the petrochemical industry, its not suffering too greatly at the moment so you could invest in some stock in this sector but be warned, the way the market is running at the moment you could make substantial losses on what you have so be careful.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Hello I'm the president of africa. Send me the money so I'll be able to unlock my saving accounts and give you half of it ($100 000 000).
1)Place $10'000 into an envolope
2)Write my Address on said Envolope
3)Place in a post-box

I'll take it from there!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
put it in your room
wait for the economy to get better and the inflation to go away
then have 10,000 dollars
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Thats so much money that I jizzed in my pants
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Kensai
Hello I'm the president of africa. Send me the money so I'll be able to unlock my saving accounts and give you half of it ($100 000 000).

President of the African Gay/Lesbian alliance is hardly the same as being President of Africa.

Damn I missed you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kensai

OMFG!! KENSAI'S BACK!!!!!! Yay Kensai's back!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Kensai

You can't fool us! Everyone knows Africa is a city in Estonia, and it has a mayor, not a president.
Buy every pokemon card ever made and wait 20 years. It actually will definitely grow in money, maybe not much but it will.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by Jackal58
President of the African Gay/Lesbian alliance is hardly the same as being President of Africa.

Damn I missed you.

Atleast I'm the president of something that didn't start with "General"

(I missed you too big guy )
go to different banks and find out who gives you the best interest rate. You can then put it in a GIA account which means you will not lose money.

You can also take the money, and lock it into a savings account. you can choose 1 year, 2 years or anything. The longer you choose to lock it in, the more interest you will get.

If you're just not sure at the moment, put it into a savings account. that way nothing will happen to it and you still make a bit of money from interest.

Also, if you choose to lock your money in, you can't spend it while it's locked in. If you want to access it, you have to pay a fee. It's worth it to lock it in for a couple years, though. you can make a lot more money

EDIT: I just want to add, congrats man. Just be warned, 10K does not go as far as you think. you can EASILY spend that much money like it's nothing. Good luck
Last edited by Scissortooth at Feb 23, 2009,
Your a lucky bastard. Serious reply: Put it in a bank CD and savings account and do nothing with it. Act as if you never recieved it, let it build interest, and use it when you actually need it.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.

thats just part of what my mom got for her ranch she is going to buy another one and i have 4 sisters so she kept most of the money anyways

buy a yngwie malmsteen sig strat

i have a nice guitar at the moment and im not sure if playing scalloped is easy but that is a guitar that is on the future to buy list

If you're just not sure at the moment, put it into a savings account. that way nothing will happen to it and you still make a bit of money from interest.

thats what im doing at the moment waiting for my mom to deposit the money

but i take a look around thanks for the suggestions i have to go eat now >_>

it could be an amazing ranch and not yield much, TS' parents where stupid for selling real estate when the market is at rock bottom.

the ranch is in another country is not in the U.S
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Last edited by stefan1988 at Feb 23, 2009,
Become a Heroin addict.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
buy some gold
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
The stock market
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
put $1,000 in a bond. (Maybe EE?)

keep $5,000 for emergency funds as intended. (Safe in savings or something)

invest WISELY in stock. Maybe $1,000 for that?
You will likely lose money at first, but since the market sucks at the moment the idea is that it will one day come back up in a year or two or three or four. WHen that happens, you will thank me.

Go find cheap deals on quality items, and re-sell them at a higher price.

Maybe another $1,000 in a ROTH IRA?
your family must be pretty ****in stupid to sell a ranch right now.

Property values must be at the lowest theyve been in years, wait until goes up in value more and in as little as 5 years you could probably double the money.
I'd invest in silver. Gold has shown a 2.6% increase in the past month, whereas silver has shown a 4% increase.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
1. Buy 10 000$ worth of chronic.
2. Put in package
3. Put my name on said package.
4. Post office.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Page 1 of 3