I am a Junior in High School and currently in the process of choosing a college/university to go to. I plan to study music bussiness and performance.

I am a varied player, my strong points being blues/rock/funk, and that is what I want to study when I'm at the college; contemporary music. I do play classical well but not good enough and enough jazz to get by, but I feel that I would not get in to a good school playing those styles. In most schools I have researched, besides Berklee and G.I.T, I only see those two choices available for guitar.

The main school that comes to mind is obviously Berklee. A few friends of mine just got in, two of them recieving partial scholarships. Even though this is my main choice, I would like to have a atleast two back ups. If someone can please recommend me a few (good) music schools in an area where the MUSIC SCENE IS STRONG, and where I can study what I want to( Business and contemporary music) it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida, and if you could point me to a few schools in the area that would be great too(Exclude University of Miami)

Thank you very much,

Luke
University of Google.

I could recommend some great engineering programs.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
yvan eht nioJ.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
yvan eht nioJ.

simpson reference ?
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
University schools suck unless you are a lawyer or need to learn nuclear science.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Just so you know, and berklee is like this : 95% of music schools require you in your audition to play a classical or jazz piece, or both. Keep that in mind. Most schools only offer classical of jazz studies too (Not talking GIT here), but they have groups where you can play with other people in different genres of music. Just keep that in mind. Every school is different (but some are alike others), so you should look at the websites of every school your interested in and check out their audition requirements. Another music school I'd recommend would be University of Miami. I hear it's pretty good.

edit :I didnt fully read your post about Univer. of Miami. what about "The New School" in New york? I know someone who goes there and it's a really good music school.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Last edited by SGmaniac1021 at Feb 23, 2009,
the top two schools for music business in the u.s. are regarded to be nyu and belmont university (in nashville), based on a bunch of lists

Belmont's a christian university if that makes a difference so you'd have to take 2 bible classes while you're there. If that's chill the school is amazing. I was planning on going there but decided to stay close to home. It's close to downtown Nashville, but is a very good looking campus. The music school (for performance) is also good.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by ScottElwood
University schools suck unless you are a lawyer or need to learn nuclear science.

Sour grapes?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kensai
yvan eht nioJ.

Kensai, without you, the pit would just be a mindless struggle of immaturity. With you, it's a mindless struggle of immaturity and hilarious wit. Thank you for bringing this magical simpsons reference into this thread.

And yeah, join the navy....
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?