Ok, ive got a vox ad30vt. I know, i know, valvetronix.net. But i like getting some setting ideas, and finding a good channel (its like me lookin in the settings thread and putting em on an amp, cept i've got many amps i guess haha), and tweaking it.

Im trying to get that seize the day first solo clean type tone. Im either too distorted on a distortion channel, or too clean.

Oh and i have an HSS strat.

He's not fully clean, because he hits a big pinch at the end of the solo.

I just cant figure out it. I've got a kinda good one, but when it goes

----------------------------------18------18---17--------
------------15-------18----15------15---------------18
-----15--17-----15-----------
--15----------------------------
---------------------------
--------------------------

(sorry for bad tab haha. It was just a quick example)

At that part, i get way too distorted from multiple notes, while he stays relatively clean.

And i know, buy a bogner uberschall to get it... but i don't have that money. No need to be a fag about it. Just try to help if you can.

So any suggestions anyone?
He have a pretty good lead tone. Smooth and not treble piercing. Try a high gain sound whit less treble and more mids.

neck pickup if needed :P
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I can get that tone out of my Spider III believe it or not. The magic is in my neck pickup. Use your neck pickup, and try having your low and drive at 12. Mids and treble maxed. Idk what knobs are on your amp though.
Quote by Hcmanu
He have a pretty good lead tone. Smooth and not treble piercing. Try a high gain sound whit less treble and more mids.

neck pickup if needed :P

Neck pickup on distortions sounds like utter crap. Maybe because its a single coil
Quote by SchecterZV
I can get that tone out of my Spider III believe it or not. The magic is in my neck pickup. Use your neck pickup, and try having your low and drive at 12. Mids and treble maxed. Idk what knobs are on your amp though.

On a clean or distortion channel?
Sorry for triple post. How can i get a pinch on a neck pickup. I said i have a fat strat. You can't easily get pinches on a single...
Quote by SinisterSquirel
Neck pickup on distortions sounds like utter crap. Maybe because its a single coil

Try neck + middle then. Maybe it just need a little more imput. O and dont forgett some reverb

FACEBOOK
It seems on anything distorted, my singles sound horrible. Anyone know why? or is that just normal for single coils
Quote by SchecterZV

There the exact same settings i use on mine
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
Ill try the guy with the spider III's settings later. But anyone else have any ideas? Or any knowledge of why singles sound like CRAP on any distortion at all?
Quote by SinisterSquirel
Ill try the guy with the spider III's settings later. But anyone else have any ideas? Or any knowledge of why singles sound like CRAP on any distortion at all?

The neck pickup might sound good for warmer solos on distortion/OD.
To get that tone on my RG and GT-10, I use a tube screamer, a lot of gain, some reverb or delay to make it sound fatter. A lot of bass and mids, but that's probably different because my RG is very trebly. I also use my bridge pickup. Keep in mind that Syn's tone comes from mainly from Bogner.
Quote by JELIFISH19
To get that tone on my RG and GT-10, I use a tube screamer, a lot of gain, some reverb or delay to make it sound fatter. A lot of bass and mids, but that's probably different because my RG is very trebly. I also use my bridge pickup. Keep in mind that Syn's tone comes from mainly from Bogner.

Ok. I get most the tone except i have too much distortion. It doesn't sound like it on single notes, but when i play all those at once (i tabbed in first post) or just a lot of notes quickly, it gets WAY too distorted.
Quote by SinisterSquirel
Ok. I get most the tone except i have too much distortion. It doesn't sound like it on single notes, but when i play all those at once (i tabbed in first post) or just a lot of notes quickly, it gets WAY too distorted.

Its because your amp isnt made for high gain.

****ing agry bee's

FACEBOOK
That's a characteristic of some amps. It sounds very clean even though he's using a lot of gain.
Quote by Hcmanu
Its because your amp isnt made for high gain.

****ing agry bee's

the angry bees is the MG right? Mines not a bad amp. I know i could've gotten better for its price (260) but i got it really cheap on ebay
Quote by SinisterSquirel
the angry bees is the MG right? Mines not a bad amp. I know i could've gotten better for its price (260) but i got it really cheap on ebay

There angry bees everywhere. You have a badass amp dont worry but yours is made mainly or classic rock. Classic rock = Dirty,Grainy sound. Syn Lead tone = Clear High gain

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
There angry bees everywhere. You have a badass amp dont worry but yours is made mainly or classic rock. Classic rock = Dirty,Grainy sound. Syn Lead tone = Clear High gain

But seeing as im only 14... i can't really do anything bout it. Though i did just apply for a job at Chick-Fil-A. Hope i get that for some money. So does anyone know any amp settings forgettign the clearness factor.

This song im tryin to get the solo tone for, and Dear god's solo. Because the dear god is very mellow sounding and i might play for youth soon, and we mainly are just acoustic, acoustic bass, and drums, with me soon to do lead. So im tryin to keep it pretty mellow.So any ideas for that one either? That might be helpful to have single coils for.

But the seize the day tone has nothing to do with that. I just like the tone on this song
You're not going to get his tone with the amp you have. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't change anything except the guitar's volume between songs. He has a very unique tone, and all of his songs have it. I've heard Bogners before but most of them don't sound like Syn. He probably has his amp set up 1 way and never touches it.
Quote by JELIFISH19
You're not going to get his tone with the amp you have. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't change anything except the guitar's volume between songs. He has a very unique tone, and all of his songs have it. I've heard Bogners before but most of them don't sound like Syn. He probably has his amp set up 1 way and never touches it.

Yea and im guessing for Dear god, he maybe uses neck, and lowers guitar volume and tone a little.

Oh well thanks for the help guys