I think it is just cause I got the amp for 50 bucks off a kid I know at school. There is alot of buzzing out of the amp. Any Ideas on how to fix it?

NO, getting a new one won't work
It would help to know the model of amplifier. From that we can make some determinations.

The most basic thing I can think of off the top of my head is grounding, though. Does the power cable you're using have a defeated (missing) ground prong? If so, grab one that doesn't, and you'll notice a significant improvement in noise (and also it'll be a bit safer). Also try another known working amp inside your house to see if your house just has bad wiring.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by Mainer
I think it is just cause I got the amp for 50 bucks off a kid I know at school. There is alot of buzzing out of the amp. Any Ideas on how to fix it?

NO, getting a new one won't work

Actually it would anyway but yeah we need the model of the amp
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I can see that you're new here, so here's a word of advice.

If you are asking for help on a piece of equipment, such as a guitar, amp, pedal, etc. Please specify what the equipment is. If you have a guitar, don't just say "My guitar is broken." Be specific, say "There's something wrong with my Gibson Les Paul Custom. There's some fret buzz and I don't know how to fix it.

So in short, what kind of amp is it?
We aren't mind readers, my friend.

Enlighten us. What, in great detail, is your problem?

Guitar? Amp? What kind. I bet the amp's a "sweet Marshall".

MG.
It would help to know the model of amplifier. From that we can make some determinations.

The most basic thing I can think of off the top of my head is grounding, though. Does the power cable you're using have a defeated (missing) ground prong? QUOTE]

it is an Eiphone: Studio-10EQx. and now that I noticed yes, the ground prong is cut off. I'll find a new power cable. My dad can hook up a new one. Thanks
If you do not know the model, pictures would help too
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
well
its good that you got it for 50 bucks and itll be a 5 dollar fix or something.
I love when people do that.
me and my dad can pretty much fix anything. I'm going on 7 years with the same cheap instrument cable I bought at the pawn shop and I have did multiple re solders on it, although I could use a new one because that one sounds like shat from all the re-soldering.
Gear

30 Watt Peavey Vypyr

Peavey Reactor

Agile AL-3100 White w/ chrome hw

Seagull S6 Original
Last edited by Payton Ratliff at Feb 24, 2009,
Hey dude, I'll tell you how to reduce that shi*t.

Maybe you have alot of aplliances plugged in? Try unplugging everything in the house, that shoud help a little. also, make sure the chord is not just lose or broken.
Well you paid way to much for a starter pack amp anyways. Really need to have a talk with your friend about getting some cash back or just returning it. Considering any online place or GC etc has a pile of NEW 10w practice amps for the same price they have a warranty and you wont have to splice a new power cable.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Jul 23, 2009,
My cube makes a lot of buzzing at times plugging it directly into the wall helps