View poll results: which pedal?
Digitech Bad Monkey
10 71%
Digitech Screamin' Blues
2 14%
Other (tell me below)
2 14%
Voters: 14.
ok so i need an overdrive for that Blondie sound, but that's only temporary, afterwards, i want to still be able to use the pedal for OD

i've narrowed it down to two, for the blondie sound i will being playing through a PA and a sound board, no tubes involved but i will be playing through both tube and solid state amps afterwards

id'd like to keep the price at or very close to 50 bucks (unless its cheaper)

Digitech Bad Monkey

Digitech Screamin' Blues

edit: need to know before 7:00- 7:30 PM EST
Last edited by linnux at Feb 23, 2009,
Id get a digitech RP50 it has amp models
they arent great, but a distortion pedal straight to a P.A. sounds like ****
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
Id get a digitech RP50 it has amp models
they arent great, but a distortion pedal straight to a P.A. sounds like ****

i know, im in a variety show and the tech kids are ****ing retarded, i told them just to mic my Peavey XXX, which can do all the songs on our setlist, but they're like "NO, its too hard" and i was like "are you ****ing kidding me? i could do your job after about 5 minutes of learning" lol

edit: learning toward the bad monkey right now.
Yeah Bad Monkey.

Dude, can't you just mic it for them?
if there's a PA involved then all you need is a mic.
Just set it up yourself?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Yea that Bad Monkey right into a PA is going to sound like static or total ****. Whichever you pre-fer. I'd go with an RP50. I had an RP250 that I used at my church straight to PA for Praise Band. It sounded fine and saved my back a few thousand pounds of hauling gear.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
ell its not a PA it goes to a mixing board then out to some monitors and a few speakers

Quote by Faux~Affliction
Yeah Bad Monkey.

Dude, can't you just mic it for them?
if there's a PA involved then all you need is a mic.
Just set it up yourself?

they won't let me, i tried
"here let me show you how easy it is..."
"NO THERE"S NO WAY TO EQUALIZE IT!!1!!1one!!!"

retards.
Quote by linnux
ell its not a PA it goes to a mixing board then out to some monitors and a few speakers

Actually, that is exactly what a PA is (/unhelpful bits of knowledge)

You need to assert yourself-- if the retards can put a mic in front of a singers face, then those same retards can put one in front of a speaker. My favorite way is to place the mike about a foot away pointed toward the center of a cone- the placement does affect sound. Best bet for a mic is a shure sm57 but just about anything will work
Quote by mattocaster99
Actually, that is exactly what a PA is (/unhelpful bits of knowledge)

You need to assert yourself-- if the retards can put a mic in front of a singers face, then those same retards can put one in front of a speaker. My favorite way is to place the mike about a foot away pointed toward the center of a cone- the placement does affect sound. Best bet for a mic is a shure sm57 but just about anything will work

already tried that, a lot of yelling ensued, =\ its not really worth it, its just a variety show and the music director put me in only two songs, while two guys who are in comedy AND music are in FOUR i call shenanigans.

if they want the guitars to sound like ****, then whatever i can just say i told you so
Quote by imicius
Threaten to do a Sunn O))) cover unless you get your way.

nah, nile cover ftw