What modifications would be needed to put a set neck onto a bolt on guitar?

I'm building a guitar that will have a bolt on neck pocket, and I have the opportunity to buy a neck, but the neck is a set neck. Is there any websites with walk throughs on how to do this conversion?
You'd need t route some of the wood out so the neck fit's tightly and give it the proper joint
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I don't believe you can do that..... It's not that simple. A bolt on is a totally different animal than a set neck
What kind of bridge are you using?
Most set necks with a TOM bridge have a slight angle and that would be hard to achieve with a bolt on body join. Hmm... unless the neck's join had the angle in it.
I've never seen it done.
How about you make the neck instead, it's seriously not that hard. I'm 15 and i had no issues doing so, everyone just assumes it's impossible. its not.

IMHO doing a conversion would be stupid, if your body isn't cut out, make it a set neck pocket.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by thegrungyhippie
What kind of bridge are you using?
Most set necks with a TOM bridge have a slight angle and that would be hard to achieve with a bolt on body join. Hmm... unless the neck's join had the angle in it.
I've never seen it done.

It will be a non recessed(non floating) floyd rose bridge and i haven't cut out the neck pocket yet so I could make it angled if i needed to.

Quote by metalwarrior40
How about you make the neck instead, it's seriously not that hard. I'm 15 and i had no issues doing so, everyone just assumes it's impossible. its not.

IMHO doing a conversion would be stupid, if your body isn't cut out, make it a set neck pocket.

That was my original plan, I have a pine board that I am going to practice with before I make the real one out of maple. The set neck costs about 50 dollars so I thought it might be worth it to make it fit the body.

I don't know if I want to attempt to make my first build a set neck, and I would also like to keep it bolt on since it is a replica of a kramer strat.
The heel on a bolt neck is very different than a set neck. A strat neck the fret board ends where the heel ends, a set neck the heel extends way past the end of the fret board. The heel on set necks varies alot from company to company and model to model. The neck heel on a SG is gonna be alot different than 1 for a LP. If you make this guitar body fit the set neck its probably only gonna fit that neck and no other. So the whole advantage to having a bolt neck, ease of replacement and compatability with another neck, is gone. Way better to save that set neck for another set neck project.
Quote by Tackleberry
The heel on a bolt neck is very different than a set neck. A strat neck the fret board ends where the heel ends, a set neck the heel extends way past the end of the fret board. The heel on set necks varies alot from company to company and model to model. The neck heel on a SG is gonna be alot different than 1 for a LP. If you make this guitar body fit the set neck its probably only gonna fit that neck and no other. So the whole advantage to having a bolt neck, ease of replacement and compatability with another neck, is gone. Way better to save that set neck for another set neck project.

Thanks guys for clearing all this up for me.

the set neck is for a explorer, so I may just have to buy it and build an explorer when I am done with this project.

I guess I'm building bolt on neck. Any tips and tricks for neck building?