Page 1 of 3
Back when I started to play guitar, I wanted to learn because I saw my first concert and I wanted to be them someday.

Too bad that didn't work out ... We'll see what happens, only time will tell.
- A guitar blog for the guitar players by the guitar players.
The searchbar?
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I seen some guy playing at school and I was like oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
I though the high school jazz band's guitarist was the shit...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

By playing guitar, I wished to accomplish my multifarious purposes in life, including participating in many acts of sexual intercourse.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
music
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Because my uncle played, and I knew he could teach me.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I don't remember why exactly, but the minute i picked up the first guitar hero (thats right i played it before it went mainstream) i knew that I wanted to play metal guitar
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
being a hopeful singer/lyricist, and I couldnt find a band, most importantly a guitarist who played how I wanted. Now I just need to learn to do both at the same time....
I attempted to play on and off but never really got anywhere cus i didn't bother trying really enough. Then i ended up getting into blues music more and more, i remember seeing a clip of john lee hooker playing 'boom boom' on tv and thought 'damn i remember that! i need to find this song' (i'd heard it originally when i was bout 5 when i watched the blues brothers and i thought it was awesome )

After that i gotta say it probably was john lee hooker at first who got me inspired since i watched videos on youtube and learnt some classic blues riffs by just watching his hands playing (this was way before i knew what the pentatonic scale was or anything like that). After that i listened to more artists in the genre and fell in love with the blues

^^^^^^^^
that man
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I just felt like playing it one day, so I went out and bought one.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
jimmy pages guitar solo in dazed and confused
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
My brother's friend playing ride the lighting.

I was like...........................O.o Can i try?
Que?
doesn't score me any originality points, but I heard metallica's orion and i was all like "ZOMFG!!!11!1 a song with no words wtf" cause being 11, I'd only really payed attention to singers in music.

6 years later, and I still haven't got round to learning most of it.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
I saw Dave Murray's solo in the music video for "The Trooper". Game Over.
Mainly I wanted to play Nirvana songs when I was in 6th grade to impress my girlfriend. That didn't really work out, but the guitar stuck with me. Then I heard Jimi at Woodstock and totally was mind ****ed by it. Ever since, she's been my new girlfriend and I've had to cheat on her with actual girls, haha.
My motivation mainly came from my respect for other players and my own desire to improve.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Nirvana

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i had been toying with the idea of picking up a guitar for a while, then one day i was in the car, and the DJ on the radio announced the murder of Darrell Abbott. as a huge Pantera fan i was of course dumbstruck. as weird as it sounds i knew that was the moment i decided that i had to play the guitar. never have looked back.
I started guitar because everyone around me were musicians and I wanted to do it too. I got a feel for the guitar, but it wasn't until I learned how to play "Get Free" by The Vines that I was like, "This is going to be my life from now on out." After that I seriously would learn about 4-5 songs a day. That's when I started to get my UG addiction as well
My brother started playing a year before I did. He always played familiar Metallica riffs and I always wanted him to teach me. Eventually I bought my own
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Nirvana, girls. I had no friends at the time, I wanted attention.

I don't remember why exactly, but the minute i picked up the first guitar hero (thats right i played it before it went mainstream)

Dear lord you are bad ass.
Call me Batman.
I used to play alot of video games, and the soundtracks particularly in Castlevania and the like always made me want to learn guitar. The game that actually made me go ahead and do it was Dynasty Warriors 5, a particular track called Elegy of Battle. I'm gonna go play Dynasty Warriors now.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by sketchy z
elliott smith

Hell yeah.

Green Day for me, but what motivated me to play acoustic again was Elliott Smith.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by J.A.M
Nirvana, girls. I had no friends at the time, I wanted attention.

Dear lord you are bad ass.

Hahaha, when I read his post I thought "Man, I wish I was as cool as him." Guitar Hero before it became mainstream? What? Did you pick it up at your local indie record shop first?
Page 1 of 3