Here is a place to showcase your home-made effects, no not actual pedals but amp/guitar settings that produce an effect-like sound/something you won't usually expect from just a clean/distorted guitar.

Home made fuzz
Requires Amp EQ and Guitar Tone knob and Bridge Humbucker (try with singles/P90s I only own one guitar to test it on)

Set your EQ to about 5-7 bass, anything in there will work depending on your own style
Treble to 3-5, also dependant on style
Mids to 6-7. Necesary

Now for the key part, switch onto a bridge humbucker with tone set to 2 (tight) to 5 (sloppy) for the fuzz sound.

Uses: Good for nice bassy sounding solos (I mean true solos, with no nothing behind it)
DiMarzio Fuzz Punch:
DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge turn the tone to about 7
amp settings:
bass:about 8 ( between 4-5 o'clock)
mid:10 (5 o'clock)
Treble:6 (2 o'clock)
digitech RP50 with the amp model F9 or my other option ZVex Fuzz Factory with drive maxed, stab maxed, compression 8, and volume maxed and no gate. crank the amp a little and let it ****ing roar.

Great for friggin everything classic rock
Oh Hey look at my signature
volume swells and a killswitch sort of sound are the only "unique" things i can do without an effect pedal.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
volume swells and a killswitch sort of sound are the only "unique" things i can do without an effect pedal.

not really what the TS meant
Quote by BlackDog55
not really what the TS meant

Quote by manhangi
Here is a place to showcase your home-made effects, no not actual pedals but amp/guitar settings that produce an effect-like sound/something you won't usually expect from just a clean/distorted guitar.

am i missing something?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
am i missing something?

well i hate to break it to you but swells and killswitches are very cliched maybe you just dont know what unique means
Quote by BlackDog55
well i hate to break it to you but swells and killswitches are very cliched maybe you just dont know what unique means

EQing your amp is so original!

This thread is pointless.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by BlackDog55

because fuzz and classic rock are unique?

look man, doing something unique with nothing but a guitar and amp is a very difficult thing to do because you're limited to whatever it is the amp itself can do.

that's why we have effect pedals

so unless you start re-wiring stuff, you're either going to get a clean sound or a distorted sound. that's about it

Quote by xwearesinking
EQing your amp is so original!

This thread is pointless.

my thoughts exactly.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Russian Big Muff...

The MP3 clip "Loop Noodle Soup" in my profile is a Big Muff into a Jamman looper. Kind of a Sax tone (IMO). I also used the Big Muff as rhythm in "Streetwise". I think it has kind of a unique tone.
This is a two year old thread, that wasn't even related to your post to begin with. Reported.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!