Yo dudes, This guy from across the road whos into alot of metal and stuff has heard me play and insisted that i start teaching his daughter, and i have. she's never played before and wants to learn rock type of stuff, already taught her smoke on the water and a few other little tunes. just wondering what would be a good step to go for next, what excercises etc. I know im not a real teacher but its just abit of fun and is good experience !

Any pointers would be sick
green day's always a good start, I learnt Holiday after playing for about a week.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Do some basic theory stuff (the 12 notes on a string, intervals) and show her some scales. I can't stress enough how much scales helped me progress. Boring, yes, but essential none the less.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
oh, and get some money bro. Lessons are time consuming.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Maybe the "Wicked End" solo from Avenged Sevenfold. it's a pretty simple one to learn.
some chords and chord songs like
bankrupt on selling
wanted dead or alive
house of the rising sun
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
yes, intervals and scales are key. First teach her 1st position scales and chords, then second postion forms, then variations on those (ex: minor 3rd, minor 3rd & 6th, minor 3rd & 7th) plus chord forms...thats how i taught myself...
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT