I'm really hoping to start a band this coming summer. I have a guitarist (me) and a bass player (one of my frends). We aren't quite sure how to advertize for a drummer, or advertize for gigs. Any advice?
Last edited by Mainer at Feb 23, 2009,
Put adverts in music stores, online, ask people who know people who know people, stuff like that.

I wouldn't go about asking for gigs straight away, you definitely will not be ready. Practice solidly for 6-12 months before even thinking about gigging because when you fail at a gig, you fail epically and you won't be booked again. Words spread between bar owners and the general public and you're likely to make a bad name for yourselves. I know this from experience.

Looking at your ages, you're only 14, 15 so you wouldn't even be let into bars anyway. Wait till you're all at least 16 before you try and get paid gigs. Chances are most places won't bother replying once they know how young you are.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by Mainer
I'm really hoping to start a band this coming summer. I have a guitarist (me) and a bass player (one of my frends). We aren't quite sure how to advertize for a drummer, or advertize for gigs. Any advice?

how old are you?
Quote by cfhwarhead
When you are ready to get gigs, they will come to you. you will know how.

......PASS THE DOOBIE MAN!!!!!!!!
BTW that's you ^^^^^
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by stevemeow
how old are you?

I am 14, and we think we already know where we could do a few shows. The gym in my school is almost always open. When I said gigs I wasn't even thinking of bars and stuff like that. Thats out anyway. Thanks, I know the owner of a music store a few miles from where I live, so I'll ask her If we can put up a flier.
We wouldn't even be able to start until about May, so we have plenty of practice time.
lol put it in ur sig.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.