So I'm looking for a new amp. My budget is around $2000, but I'm willing to go higher if it's something amazing. I've played a couple amps in that price range, my favorites are the Marshall JVM410 and the VHT (Fryette) Sig: X. I also hear great things about the Mesa Mark IV. I'll look into the Mark V when they come out. So here's what I'm looking for. Versatility is the main thing. It has to go from crispy clean, to brutal and everything in between. I probably don't need that much versatility right now, but I don't know what I'll need 5 years from now. I would also like something that has a variable output so that I can play at lower volumes. Here are my thoughts so far on the Marshall and VHT. The Marshall's distortion was amazing, loud and in your face. Pretty loose sounding (something I'm looking for). The VHT also had a great distortion tone, but not as good as the Marshall. But the clean was amazing. I literally played for 5 seconds, stopped, looked at the guy at GC, and said "holy ****." The Marshall's clean didn't do anything for me, but I loved the distortion. The Marshall is also always 100W, which I don't need. I like that you can switch the VHT and the Mark V to 40W. Right now, I'm leaning toward the VHT and the Mesa (even though I haven't played it yet). I play a lot of 80s stuff, Scorpions, Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, and Skid Row. I play a Strat, an RG, and I'm getting a Les Paul or a V. I also have a Boss GT-10. What are the other versatile amps around that price that can go to a lower wattage? And will the Mark V be around the 2000-2500 range?
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade 50 watt tube combo
you should check it out I believe you may find it everything your looking for
GG&A forum
and the Messa Mark IV is very versatile w/ great distortion so I'm assuming the V will be very much so too
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
GG&A forum
and the Messa Mark IV is very versatile w/ great distortion so I'm assuming the V will be very much so too

I originally posted it there but I didn't get responses, so I moved it here since you guys are generally more helpful, and you proved my point
What ^ said about the Mark IV. Also Boss GT-10 ftw
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
The Mark V is well worth the wait and the possible extra $500. Its three amps rolled into one (Mark I, II and IV) but its NOT a modeling amp because it has seperate circuits for each amp and you have seperate controls for each one
UG's Prodigal Son
A well taken care of used Splawn Quickrod is one good option, of many.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The Switchblade doesn't seem right for me. I'm a bigger fan of "what you see is what you get" than presets. I don't want to spend extra for the effects since I have the GT-10. Without that, it's just a 4 channel amp with just bass, mid, and treble controls. Same thing with the Splawn. I'm not only looking for versatility with channels, I'm looking for versatility within the channels. I want things that change the voice of the channels. Something with a lot of knobs and switches to control my sound.
get a marshall mg
you dont need a valve amp co theres a boost button on it that makes it sound like a jcm 900
there best amps everr

lol
go for a orange thunderverb and cap perhaps
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Same thing with the Splawn. I'm not only looking for versatility with channels, I'm looking for versatility within the channels. I want things that change the voice of the channels. Something with a lot of knobs and switches to control my sound.

For the record. The Quickrod is a two channel amp. Each channel has it's own EQ, volume and gain. The Lead/Dirty channel has 3 Gears. Then, on top of that there is OD1 and OD2. Oh, and a solo boost feature.
Gear 1 = hot rodded plexi
Gear 2 = hot rodded JCM800
Gear 3 = super hot rodded JCM800

check it
The VHT Sig:X is very versatile.I could get any sound I wanted out of the one I tried.It has a warmer and more spongy tone than a Pitbull,but it's also more versatile and about $1500 cheaper than a PB.I think you should give it some extensive play testing,it's a great amp IMO.The Mesa you mentioned is also a fine choice,you can't go wrong either way.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I played the VHT for a very long time, I loved it. But after reading more about the Mark V and hearing other Marks on youtube, I think I might have to go with that. If it sounds an eighth as good as I anticipate it to sound, I will be a happy man. I'll almost feel guilty playing it with the GT-10. It's almost like playing God. Anyone know the street price of a Mark V and when it's coming out?