I don't play bass but this beauty makes me want to. Can anyone tell me if $80 is a good price for this bass I found on craigslist?

I don't know anything about it besides the fact that I'm buying it used for $80 locally.

Thank you!
well its a beginner bass... and for that much don't expect it to feel good. if its your first bass i would spend a little more and get a squire VM jazz bass
How much do those cost? I'm on a no-income budget here.

EDIT: Whew, I just looked at the "stop dreaming start playing" kit and that's way out of my price range. Thanks anyways, but it looks like it's this bass or no bass.
Last edited by Quam Celerrime at Feb 23, 2009,
It looks like a Washburn T12. I've never played one but the last time I saw one new for sale it was like 150. They're supposed to be pretty good for the price too.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
I think that's it's best purpose. It's not going to sound the best or feel the best but you'll be able to learn to play on it.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
you know you need a bass amp too right? a bass will screw up a guitar amp
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I like the finish on that.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
My mate's got one of those,same finish and all,which really is nice, as a starter bass,they are pretty damn good, and quit well built, 80 bucks seems a fair price, I'd say go for it,
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"