Hey everyone,

I've had my guitar for around 4 years. Great solid guitar, an awesome sound. I play out of a Vox and peavy combo but the problem isn't the amp its my guitar. Recently im getting frustrated with the axe as the connection is pretty much non existant now. 4 days ago it was perfectly fine and now ive found it just dosent work anymore. Something that might of help to you in my description is when I pull the patch chord going into my guitar slightly up, the connection will sometimes go back in for a few seconds. As soon as I let it go, it goes back to this very fuzzy, ugly sound out of my amp.

I know it's not the amp and its not the chord. All the jacks are tight so im assuming its something in the guitar. This recently just sprang on me and i need a quick fix as i got alot of shows coming up and im not really eager to spend money and the guitar store.

Thanks guys any help/instruction is very apperciated.
www.purevolume.com/useasdirected
The jack input of your guitar has gone lame. When you insert the guitar cable the jack input doesn't 'embrace' the cable-plug enough.

You can try to take the plug out of your guitar (if it's a Strat that's wholly easy, take you two little screws, if it's a bottom-plugged type you'd need a wrench) and bend the little metal bar back that connects to your cable when you insert a cable.
Another option is to get a new jack plug and install it but that's much more of a hassle.

Good luck!
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73

make sure both wires are connected...

if so, make sure the plug, when inserted, catches here.

if a wire is off, it's $15 for a soldering iron kit, takes 5 mins. instructions on the package.

if the arm doesnt catch, then bend it a little so it does, dont break it.

if it's dirty, scrape it with light sandpaper.

if it's a hamburger and not a jack then .... swap it for another one.

a new jack is like $2.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 24, 2009,
check your lines and make sure they are saudered to your jack....they might have easily broken off...but no big deal, just have to sauder them back on...i just had the same problem with my strat and it's around 12 years old
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
Quote by jj1565

make sure both wires are connected...

if so, make sure the plug, when inserted, catches here.

if a wire is off, it's $15 for a soldering iron kit, takes 5 mins. instructions on the package.

if the arm doesnt catch, then bend it a little so it does, dont break it.

if it's dirty, scrape it with light sandpaper.

if it's a hamburger and not a jack then .... swap it for another one.

a new jack is like $2.

thanks A TON man!
www.purevolume.com/useasdirected
no prob dude.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well if the connection goes back on for a few seconds when he wiggles the plug, it's not a loose wire. But still cool post. Pics always work
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73