Hey guys. So I've been saving for a while now and I've got around $1000 to spend. I recently ordered a Peavey Classic 30 amp (it still isn't hear!!! God damn it...) and now I'm debating where to go next. I'm debating between buying a bunch of pedals I've been after for a while, or possibly a new guitar.

The guitar I would MOST LIKELY buy if I went that route would be a Schecter C-1 Classic: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

*The reason for this is, I'm thinking I might enjoy a guitar with humbuckers and I've always heard good things about that SD set in there. Plus the coil splitting and whatnot...

If I went the pedal route, I would most likely buying:
- EHX Small Clone
- Fulltone Fulldrive 2
- EHX Small Stone
- Dunlop Crybaby
- Line 6 DL4
- Boss RV-5
- MXR Carbon Copy
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker

I guess it would be helpful to post my genres and what I like to play. In broad general terms, anything in the alternative and rock genres pretty much interest me. I am also a big fan of prog rock and post rock, along with some more Indie stuff like Built to Spill. Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Muse, Tool, and Radiohead are some of my favorite bands.

Also, the guitars I already own are...
- Fender MIA Strat
- Ibanez RGT6EXFX (with EMGs)
- Fender CIJ Jaguar HH (not a huge huge fan of this one, might sell it)

Any suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Thanks. Sorry for the wall...
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Definetly pedals!!!! You have some great guitars already and if you are into post-rock or prog, the pedals will help A LOT (if not essential to the genre). Drop by the "gear for post-rock" thread here on GC&A to chit chat as well.
EDIT: If you do decide to sell your Jag, the peeps in the post-rcok gear thread will practically swipe it from your hand too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Um idont think the C-1 Classic has its coils tapped....or w.e, thats other C-1 models.

But if you wanna spend less, get a Boss GT-10 (if all in one things arent your thing then completley ignore) but i really love mine and wouldnt trade it for anything.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Definately pedals with that list of good guitars you already have.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Definetly pedals!!!! You have some great guitars already and if you are into post-rock or prog, the pedals will help A LOT (if not essential to the genre). Drop by the "gear for post-rock" thread here on GC&A to chit chat as well.
EDIT: If you do decide to sell your Jag, the peeps in the post-rcok gear thread will practically swipe it from your hand too.

That's what I THINK I'm leaning towards. I really want something with humbuckers, but I think pedals are going to be a lot more beneficial to the tone and my playing than a new guitar. I already do read the Post Rock thread a lot, just haven't posted in it yet. I'll pop in and see if anyone is interested in the Jag though.

Um idont think the C-1 Classic has its coils tapped....or w.e, thats other C-1 models.

But if you wanna spend less, get a Boss GT-10 (if all in one things arent your thing then completley ignore) but i really love mine and wouldnt trade it for anything.

I -think- the C-1 classic has the ability to split coils through its 5-way selector switch. I think the 2 and 4 positions are both single coils, but I COULD be wrong. I probably won't be getting a multi-fx unit, just because I prefer to have all the pedals separate.

Look for a different wah. The CGB-95 sounds terrible. At least mine does.

What would you recommend if not the Crybaby? I mainly want one just to spice up a few little random solos, I don't plan on making it a main part of my sound or anything, so I'm not looking to spend tons on a wah pedal.
I’ve taken some comfort
Last edited by InfiniteRain at Feb 23, 2009,
Pedals! You've already got some great guitars anyway.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Since you already have good guitars and a good (non-modeling) amp, then go for the pedals.
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
Pedals NAOOOO
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
If you have that kind of green, get something better than a GCB-95 for chrissakes. Mine sounded like absolute a** when I bought it...good pedal for modding, not so good for tone. Look at a Teese wah.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
go with the pedals, maybe get some kind of botique overdrive or something
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
i read until i saw you were looking into a Fulltone Fulldrive II....so all i have to say is GET THAT, or an OCD. but a fulldrive II will be a nice transparent OD that can also do a tradtional TS sound and TS sound without the mid hump. i love mine!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by InfiniteRain
What would you recommend if not the Crybaby? I mainly want one just to spice up a few little random solos, I don't plan on making it a main part of my sound or anything, so I'm not looking to spend tons on a wah pedal.
If you are going to go for a Dunlop then at least get the 525Q. I have a Morley Classic that I got cheap and it sounds much better than my CGB-95. But I don't like that the switch is on the side instead of the toe of the pedal.
pedals easy, you dont need more than 2-3 guitars i'd say.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by Zer0_In
Since you already have good guitars and a good (non-modeling) amp, then go for the pedals.

+1
AL
Pedals, because of the fact that the Classic Series takes pedals like a beast. I have a 50/410 and it is amazing at taking pedals.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Alright so it looks like the verdict is definitely pedals. Good to hear so many people think that, it helps.

A lot of people have been saying not to get the Crybaby, it seems. Taking this advice, I have looked at a couple of the other Wah pedals suggested. Also, in addition, how is the Vox Wah pedal and the Ibanez Weeping Demon? I really don't want to go over $100 for a wah pedal.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-V847A-Wah-Pedal?sku=151058

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-WD7-Weeping-Demon-Wah-Pedal?sku=150344

If, for some reason, I decide to spend a wee bit more on a wah pedal, how is the Digitech MIDI one? I think I've seen lots of pedal boards with that one on it.

Thanks all.
I’ve taken some comfort
Alright, alright, pedals it is. I'm more concerned about the whammy question now.
I’ve taken some comfort
Quote by John5rules125

i swear last time i was at the store i played a classic, and it was tapped...oh wait i cant remember now..i dont remember it having emg's, if it did it had covers on it....too much pot for my memory to handle.

anyways...go with the pedals man especially if you dont have many. 3 guitars should have you set (really only one should have you set amirite?)
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
i swear last time i was at the store i played a classic, and it was tapped...oh wait i cant remember now..i dont remember it having emg's, if it did it had covers on it....too much pot for my memory to handle.

anyways...go with the pedals man especially if you dont have many. 3 guitars should have you set (really only one should have you set amirite?)

Yeah, the classic has covers.
I’ve taken some comfort