My carbon copy sounds pretty messy when I use it on the od channel of my c30... with or without the ts on. It sounds good when palm muted but when I play anything more than one note it gets really messy and distorted.

I currently have it set up in front of the amp after the tubescreamer:

guitar>ts>cc>amp

Does it sound good with distortion when in the fx loop? Or before the ts?
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
try it
we can't tell you what sounds good, because we all have different tastes.
so just try as many different combinations as possible to see whats good
I'm FAT!
That is an absolutely horrible way to use it lol - after an od and before amp distortion.
Put it after all your distortions (so FX loop).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
k well i've put it in front and behind the ts and it sounds pretty much the same... has anyone tried the cc with a c30 in the fx loop?

EDIT: well it seems like the fx loop is best for using it with distortion... I guess I kinda knew that but I just didn't want to buy more cables
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Last edited by mrxtreme_4 at Feb 23, 2009,
Behind distortion if you don't like!!! LOOP LOOP LOOP!!!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
lol I guess it's gonna be the loop, but I don't wanna buy cables

Can someone also explain why the cc will sound better and clearer in my loop... as I'd actually like to know the science behind it.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
it's copying the distorted sound coming from the amplifier, not delaying the sound before it hits the amp section that distorts the sound.

delaying the distortion, instead of distorting the delay.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
^That^

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

To get a little more specific (but not overwhelmingly so), the preamp is what produces the tone, and the power amp makes it louder. That's why when you put the delay before the amp and you use any OD/distortion (overdrive on the amp, or by pedal), this distorts the delay resulting in a very muddled sound. Put in the loop the delay is between pre and power, and it delays all the effects before it, including the preamp, making the delay "cleaner," or as it was put above me, it delays the distortion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i use my carbon copy in the fx loop on my crate. it sounds the best in it(imo).
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Alirght then. Loop it is. Thanks all you guys for your help. I'll be purchasing some cables in a couple days. I'm really happy with it now on the clean channel as it sounds great and I'm ecstatic about putting it in the fx loop and unleashing it's full potential!
Gear:
Line6 UX2
^^ the delay signal is strong it's just that if it repeats the note more than once it becomes really muffled, noisy and distorted.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Just bought some cables, put it in the loop and it sounds HEAVENLY!! The clean delays are a bit more articulated than in front of the amp and it sounds awesome on the lead channel! It's not as articulate as the clean channel obviously but it still sounds amazing! My hunt for a delay is over!... Now what other pedal could I get lol!
Gear:
Line6 UX2